Quotewizard Medicare Leads

Scott,

(a) Are the $20 leads direct mail, internet, or telemarketed?

(b) How do we find out which carriers you have?

Thanks! :cool:

Direct mail only.

Liberty Bankers, Thrivent, Aetna, Bankers Fidelity, Oxford, Equitable.

I've been doing QuoteWizard since August 2016. I do the "exclusive" Med Supp leads and was doing the "exclusive" life leads until they dropped them in May. Since starting I've been given a total of 349 leads and 80% of them were for Med Supp. I've received credit back on 212 of the 349 leads that I have received. I've written 26 policies total since I started with QuoteWizard but also have 15-20 to write during open enrollment. So you can make good money on these leads, I've put $3,000 total into QuoteWizard and currently have made over $5,200 on them. You have to stay on top of getting credit back for the leads that are junk and also continue to prospect the ones that are interested or haven't responded! I live in a town of around 10,000 people so if you live in a bigger city the amount of leads you will receive could be much higher so be aware.

We have always offered our agents exclusive Med Sup leads (ages 65 to 79) incomes $25,000 and up at $20 per lead. That is definitely not imposdible to produce at all. We are not losing money on them.

Turning 65 leads are a few bucks more per lead.

Also our Med Sup quoter for all companies and all states we supply at no cost. Its an app for your iphone or android so you can quote if no data signal.

Brokers can use us. We just require that the companies we offer you have through us. You can have other companies also and other products elsewhere.

These are DM leads. Internet leads are a different animal altogether.

These are DM leads. Internet leads are a different animal altogether.

Yes you are correct. I was buying great quality internet exclusive Med Sup leads at $31 each. They were good but just a bit better than direct mail. But the guy selling them wasn't making any money and quit generating them. I wouldn't have paid much more since the direct mail leads are so easy to get and are not hard to make sales for face to face agents.

I could definitely see where internet leads may be worth a lot more than direct mail leads if you are selling over the phone.

Yes you are correct. I was buying great quality internet exclusive Med Sup leads at $31 each. They were good but just a bit better than direct mail. But the guy selling them wasn't making any money and quit generating them. I wouldn't have paid much more since the direct mail leads are so easy to get and are not hard to make sales for face to face agents.

I could definitely see where internet leads may be worth a lot more than direct mail leads if you are selling over the phone.

I agree with you. I would happily mail for supps to sell face to face if everyone I got back didn't already have MA.

A lot of people currently enrolled in MA plans do not have a local agent to help them understand their plan and benefits, especially if they enrolled thru Telesales, or their agent is no longer in the business. Humana, Aetna and Anthem all allow their members to select a new Agent of Record. (AOR) if they currently don't have or don't like the support they are getting, or not getting. I run into several of these every month. The plans will pay you renewals on those members. When you speak to someone that already has one of those plans, try to go see them and if you impress them, at the end of the appointment see if they are willing to have you as their AOR. Aetna just changed their policy. Instead of requiring a written letter, the member just needs to call Aetna customer service and ask that you be their AOR. They just need your National Producer Number. I have picked up a lot of members this way if I know they don't have a local agent. Also, just because they already have an does not mean you can not find a better plan for them. That is unless you don't work with MAPD plans.

A lot of people currently enrolled in MA plans do not have a local agent to help them understand their plan and benefits, especially if they enrolled thru Telesales, or their agent is no longer in the business. Humana, Aetna and Anthem all allow their members to select a new Agent of Record. (AOR) if they currently don't have or don't like the support they are getting, or not getting. I run into several of these every month. The plans will pay you renewals on those members. When you speak to someone that already has one of those plans, try to go see them and if you impress them, at the end of the appointment see if they are willing to have you as their AOR. Aetna just changed their policy. Instead of requiring a written letter, the member just needs to call Aetna customer service and ask that you be their AOR. They just need your National Producer Number. I have picked up a lot of members this way if I know they don't have a local agent. Also, just because they already have an does not mean you can not find a better plan for them. That is unless you don't work with MAPD plans.

80% of my book is MA, but mailing to them mid year just to go see them and hope for an AOR is fools gold, and unless they have LIS no change is happening. I am looking for Med supp clients, just haven't found the right piece to send to weed out the idiots that think their $0 premium plan is "their supplement". UHC dominates our market out here anyway.

credit back on 212 of the 349

That sucks. Translates to 60% rejects.

Have never bought Medigap leads but when I was buying U65 health insurance getting credit on 20% to 30% was common.

Anything over that and I fired the vendor.

Also looked for close ratio's above 10% on net leads. Most of the time I was closer to 15%+.

All phone sales.

All underwritten.

Leads were shared. Never bought "exclusive" because they don't exist, even when self generating. Price was $18 each.

Jimmy Ut: I probably pick up on average 2 AOR sales on every lead drop. If you talk to someone that has say a Humana HMO and they enrolled over the phone, they may have not completely understood everything the agent told the.. So offer to go out and see them just to review their coverage. If their are happy with their plan, but don't have a local agent, have them write a note to Humana asking that you be their agent and include their ID # on the note. You get the renewal commissions beginning the following month. Works for Humana, Anthem and Aetna MAPD plans. Aetna now approves AOR changes with just a phone call from the member. Does this makes sense?

Both Humana and Aetna have changed from a few years ago.

Humana would recognize AOR but would not pay you FYC, only renewal. If the writing agent was still licensed they would ask him/her if they wanted to keep the client.

Bet you can guess the answer.

Aetna was wonderful. Yes, you can be the AOR even if you want to take over in the first year. And they kept on paying the writing agent as long as the policy was on the books.

Didn't take me long to figure out I didn't want the service work if I wasn't going to get paid.

Back