Recent Email from Health Sherpa

Hi, this is Ning from HealthSherpa. This the best flow that's possible for now, from any WBE. We've streamlined the process as much as possible. The phone call will last ~ 5 minutes - all you have to do is specify the FFM ID, have your consumer speak their plan selection, and read your name / NPN to the rep for credit.

We are working very hard to provide a better experience now. All applications done through this channel are free. We will have our original smooth enrollment experience at least during OEP, and possibly SEP dependent on the status of WBE development.

A benefit of this is that your consumer will be in the system and ready for a rapid renewal during OEP if they prefer.

Thanks,
Ning

Well that didn't work too well. Completed the app on Health Sherpa. Made 3-way call with the Marketplace. When it came time to provide my NPN the rep said she would have to do a new application in order to input my NPN. She also said that would screw up her SEP. So I have no idea if I will be the AOR or not.

all auto aptc changes have retained my npn..... any client call in cic is causing the npn to not transfer over since when the application is completed back in aep we NEVER entered in our npn because we were logged into our back door at the ffm.

There is a massive glitch that to now has not been corrected and I expect corrective action to be done. Only thing we don't have a handle on is if the other wbe's can effectively articulate to us if they have the same problem.

OK...I want to make sure I get this.

1. We do an app in December for a 1/1 eff date.

2. Client moves and calls hc.gov. (Or has any other CIC) and gives that info to hc.gov (not the agent)

3. Anytime there is a CIC on a an app done through Sherpa (all WBEs?) the NPN drops.

Is that correct?

OK...I want to make sure I get this.

1. We do an app in December for a 1/1 eff date.

2. Client moves and calls hc.gov. (Or has any other CIC) and gives that info to hc.gov (not the agent)

3. Anytime there is a CIC on a an app done through Sherpa (all WBEs?) the NPN drops.

Is that correct?

according to my research you are correct KGB

Well that didn't work too well. Completed the app on Health Sherpa. Made 3-way call with the Marketplace. When it came time to provide my NPN the rep said she would have to do a new application in order to input my NPN. She also said that would screw up her SEP. So I have no idea if I will be the AOR or not.

I am guessing that when you do the Sherpa app, the determination letter is created. Your NPN is on the app, but NOT in the typical Agent section of the application (ghost attached). This is the crux of the problem for losing the NPN when a CIC done.

You should just call the MP, and select a plan, and then after the plan selection, there is a blue hyplinked line that says "did someone help you with this app?" and can put NPN / agent info there, and not have to recreate the entire app.

I am guessing that when you do the Sherpa app, the determination letter is created. Your NPN is on the app, but NOT in the typical Agent section of the application (ghost attached). This is the crux of the problem for losing the NPN when a CIC done.

You should just call the MP, and select a plan, and then after the plan selection, there is a blue hyplinked line that says "did someone help you with this app?" and can put NPN / agent info there, and not have to recreate the entire app.

ok... what about the cic done like KGB said?

SEP app is a new application anyway isnt it?

Regarding the NPN dropping, we've been going back and forth with QSSI (CMS's vendor) around figuring it out. It does appear to be related to consumers calling in directly without the agent (as opposed to where the app was originally done), as the call center rep has control of the enrollment at that point. We are pressing for a resolution that ensures retention of NPN on the new 834 - they have engineers looking at it right now.

Regarding having to start a new app - the rep doesn't need to start a new app. There is a place to input your NPN on the plan finalization page (on the rep's side). You may need to communicate this to the rep if they believe otherwise.

For lack of a better term, I'm labeling this ordeal as the "Ghost NPN", where your NPN is on the app, but in a different part of the system, and NOT in the agent section of the app.

When a CIC is done, the "ghost npn" is not carried over to the agent section, since a new app and determination letter is generated.

THIS DEFINITELY NEEDS TO BE FIXED FOR NEXT YEAR !

Either the gov't needs to do do a file upload of these "ghost fields" into the agent section.

Or, the carriers must recognize we were AOR on the first app, and should make us AOR on the second app received with just a phone call.

So, of the current WBE's, whose technology loaded the NPN in the correct agent section??

I just had the same experience as sman...twice. MP rep said she can not "go back" and add the NPN information. She also said his application was complete before we even selected a plan!?

I just had the same experience as sman...twice. MP rep said she can not "go back" and add the NPN information. She also said his application was complete before we even selected a plan!?

hang up and call back and get diff rep or have "client create" hc.gov account and go in there and do it yourself

Latest posts

Back