Recently licensed and looking for honest IMO to be successful

I could be wrong, but I’m not willing to burn through my savings or run up debt on a pipe dream.
Probably the best part of your entire post.

The best advice I can give you is to stay the hell off of You Tube and FaceBook. That's where the pimps and posers are. There are plenty on here too but the real guys call them out when they start their bull shit.

I remember being where you are but that was over 50 years ago. I've probably seen every scam that's come down the pike. And I've never been bit.

As far as credit cards, don't. It's that simple. Buy a list and start calling. When you get your feet wet then buy some leads.

As far as Integrity and their leads, there's no problem with that. Todd's got one. Newby's got one. It's business. Todd and Newby are providing a service to their agents. That's good. Integrity does own their lead vendor. In fact they own two.

The problem is not the system. It's the pimp or poser behind the system.

As for Todd and Newby, they are both class acts and you can trust them both. And for the record, I think I've talked to Todd twice on the phone but I've never met him. As for Newby, I've never met or talked to the man. He doesn't even know who I am.

I could tell you a lot more but my computer is telling me that I've reached the end of the internet and I've got to turn around and go back.

I have no issue with investing in myself, my company, or another company. When multiple people from FFL tell me to leverage myself on high interest credit cards to obtain leads that might work out that doesn’t sit well with me. Is that their business model? Squeeze $10-12k out of 90% of new producers until they wash out. Then rinse and repeat. All the conversations were very vague for a business they claim to be super simple. I could be wrong, but I’m not willing to burn through my savings or run up debt on a pipe dream. No shortcuts for hard work right?

Credit card debt is how a lot of agents get their start. You could also take out a bank loan or borrow from your grandma. Other agents choose to go captive and get "free" leads. Either way, leads are your lifeblood.

I agree wholeheartedly with rmhaire, who said stay off Facebook and YouTube. There are good agents on both platforms, but there are far more scammers on social media.

Keep researching and keep asking questions, and you'll find a good place to start. FFL isn't a place I'd recommend, although you could do much worse.

Credit card debt is how a lot of agents get their start. You could also take out a bank loan or borrow from your grandma. Other agents choose to go captive and get "free" leads. Either way, leads are your lifeblood.

I agree wholeheartedly with rmhaire, who said stay off Facebook and YouTube. There are good agents on both platforms, but there are far more scammers on social media.

Keep researching and keep asking questions, and you'll find a good place to start. FFL isn't a place I'd recommend, although you could do much worse.

Honestly for a new agent I’d do a Ben Boman type program .There’s a few like this . 70% , free direct mail leads and all appts set up for you free .When you start doing well you can move to the 120% plus contracts and buy your own leads . It takes the financial pressure off . But on the other side there’s pressure to produce . You got to be doing $2500 a week I believe to stay on it . But he starts you off making appts with B old leads to prove yourself first . Since those harder to sell and he’s got little cost in it not as much pressure to produce at first . But I’m a believer this is a business and you need 6 month living exp’s saves up .

I assure you if your broke and desperate for money you’ll fail . Clients can detect desperation and commission breath . What will you do if 1 week you get 2-3 chargebacks and get no check that week ? This is a beautiful business if you can make it to yr 3 . Then you gave some renewals to absorb some of the chargebacks. Unfortunately few make it to yr 3 overall .

Anyone suggest a honest IMO or any place to start would be much appreciated. Thank you

FEXcontracting.com

Scott Burke (@Newby on the forum)

Look up @jdeasy's posts here. He's a top FE producer and he's been with FEX since their beginnings which we I think about 10 years ago, when most of the FFL "business owners" were in elementary school. If you reach out to JD via private message, here I'm sure he'd give you some sage advice.

Simple formula:

1) Start a direct mail lead program to get a steady, weekly flow of fresh leads.

2) Get contracted with FEX at the highest commission rates right from the get-go, none of that 90% BS, that way you'll be able to become profitable quickly.

3) Commit to the process as taught by Travis Tubbs.

4) Commit to a clear, repeatable FE presentation, either Travi's or JD's.

Your search is over if you live in an area where FEX doesn't already have an agent. If you do overlap an exitisng FEX agent, they'll still take you, but you'll have to travel to counties to which that agent is not already sending direct mail.

WARNING: I've hear from others that Scott doesn't always get back to folks, no matter what he says here. So you'll possibly have to leave him a couple of voicemail messages, send an email or two, and hit him up at the forum. But fortunately, the real key to succeeding with FEX is going to be Travis Tubbs and the other successful agents that he's trained up.

Honestly for a new agent I’d do a Ben Boman type program .There’s a few like this . 70% , free direct mail leads and all appts set up for you free .When you start doing well you can move to the 120% plus contracts and buy your own leads . It takes the financial pressure off . But on the other side there’s pressure to produce . You got to be doing $2500 a week I believe to stay on it . But he starts you off making appts with B old leads to prove yourself first . Since those harder to sell and he’s got little cost in it not as much pressure to produce at first . But I’m a believer this is a business and you need 6 month living exp’s saves up .

I assure you if your broke and desperate for money you’ll fail . Clients can detect desperation and commission breath . What will you do if 1 week you get 2-3 chargebacks and get no check that week ? This is a beautiful business if you can make it to yr 3 . Then you gave some renewals to absorb some of the chargebacks. Unfortunately few make it to yr 3 overall .

I would not recommend any free lead program for a new agent. It almosts creates a lack of work ethic
FEXcontracting.com

Look up @jdeasy's posts here. He's a top FE producer and he's been with FEX since their beginnings which we I think about 10 years ago, when most of the FFL "business owners" were in elementary school. If you reach out to JD via private message, here I'm sure he'd give you some sage advice.

Simple formula:

1) Start a direct mail lead program to get a steady, weekly flow of fresh leads.

2) Get contracted with FEX at the highest commission rates right from the get-go, none of that 90% BS, that way you'll be able to become profitable quickly.

Your search is over if you live in an area where FEX doesn't already have an agent. If you do overlap an exitisng FEX agent, they'll still take you, but you'll have to travel to counties to which that agent is not already sending direct mail.

WARNING: I've hear from others that Scott doesn't always get back to folks, no matter what he says here. So you'll possibly have to leave him a couple of voicemail messages, send an email or two, and hit him up at the forum. But fortunately, the real key to succeeding with FEX is going to be Travis Tubbs and the other successful agents that he's trained up.

Agreed. I'm also with FEX. Happy to answer any questions or help in any way.

None of us FEX agents recruit. I just enjoy talking shop and helping agents.

Agreed. I'm also with FEX.

I'm not with FEX other than I do have my KSKJ contract with Jose, whose agency is an FEX agency. If I were to go back to full time FE face to face field sales, Jose would get the rest of my contracts too.

FEXcontracting.com

Simple formula:

Thank you for the great review DayTimer. We do try to run a very "agent focused" IMO and provide everything that the agents need.
As far as phone response times I'd say that's a fair assessment. The agent inquiries Go to both Mark and to me. I don't personally call them all. I do call many when time permits. I make our current agents who all have my cell phone number the priority over new agent inquiries. But if an agent definitely wants me to be the one to call them if they message me through this forum, I'm always the one to call those.

It's not a perfect system. But other than Todd King, I don't know of any agency owners that agents can get on the phone as easily as me so, not too bad.

Back