Regarding Medica Connect ( KS Medica Health Plans )

LostDollar

There's No Toilet Paper- on the Road Less Traveled
5000 Post Club
Kansas
Trying to review 2018 unsubsidized options for my wife coming off $560/mo cobra coverage.

In KS (bcbsKS), excluding Wyandotte and Johnson counties (bcbsKANSASCITY), the ACA options are:
bcbsKS -- EPO $650 +/-
Medica Connect -- PPO $730 or $780 Bronze
Medica Connect -- EPO

The EPO option worries me because for travel outside 103 KS counties, there is no coverage.

On the other hand, I've never heard of Medica. But the Medica brochure emphasizes network accessibility while travelling and access to Mayo Clinics, in addition to the in-state networks.

3 questions:

Is Medica a reputable/reliable health insurance carrier to do business with?

Would someone be willing to provide loss ratio information for Medica (for KS if it is split out that way)?

Am I right in thinking an EPO is a concern if a person travels outside the state's coverage area a few times each year?

Thanks.

So, go earn your living. The precise purpose of this forum is to allow one to ask questions of insurance agents.

Ask The Agents
» Do you have any questions you would like to ask to insurance agents and brokers?

I do, and I did.

Please explain to me why any of us would answer your question or help you? I can tell you 6+6=12. You will then challenge my answer wanting me to prove my results.

Kansas CSR Load status for 2018

Go to acasignups.net and click on the 2018 CSR Load Type by State button.

The "Silver Switcharoo" strategy does not appear to be an option for Kansas.

Last edited:
You might want to set up your own forum. Then you can ask yourself questions and spend lots of time researching the answer.

Do you really think anyone here cares about this thread other than you?

Go away.

Rick

Back