Rehashing Old Leads

Next wave, you're only 4 years late to this thread - but you have valid points. Only thing is you have 90 days from the request date of an internet lead to call them.

Also, going through your old leads (that you spoke with, but just weren't ready or already purchased) from over a year ago can be a gold mine if they remember you.

Very good point about calling on an inquiry within 90 days.

From the government website https://www.donotcall.gov/faq/faqbusiness.aspx

"A telemarketer or seller may call a consumer with whom it has an established business relationship for up to 18 months after the consumer's last purchase, delivery, or payment - even if the consumer's number is on the National Do Not Call Registry. In addition, a company may call a consumer for up to three months after the consumer makes an inquiry or submits an application to the company".

Next wave, you're only 4 years late to this thread - but you have valid points. Only thing is you have 90 days from the request date of an internet lead to call them.

Also, going through your old leads (that you spoke with, but just weren't ready or already purchased) from over a year ago can be a gold mine if they remember you.

It isn't that often that they remember me. More importantly I let them know that I "remember" them.

I log every contact in the comment box in their record in the prospects database. If I hear a dog barking I ask he name of the dog. Anything they mention of a personal nature it put in the comment box.

When I call them at a later date I always make a point of mentioning something I learned on the initial phone call. The call goes so much smoother when they think that I really do remember them. Everyone likes recognition.

A good portion of my new clients are prospects that I have originally spoken to 12, 24 and even 36 months ago.

Last edited:
Back