Release

Im buying one. Thanks

Walker actually has three books I enjoyed. In addition to the one mentioned above, he wrote Trust Your Gut and one called How I conquered Call Reluctance, Fear of Self-Promotion & Increased my Prospecting!

I know several agents who have read Walker's books, and each one seems to have one they love in particular. For me, it was the Asking a Few More Questions book. I know of one Top of the Table producer who says reading Trust Your Gut is what turned him around from a struggling mediocre producer to a million dollar per year earner.

You never know where you're going to find the key that makes your motor hum.

Can you please educate the more ignorant of us what this is?

It's not just FE. I've had releases refused by term IMO's, FE IMO's and more than anything, MA IMO's.

It's a dirty secret between the bastard companies and the bastard IMO's. They hold you to a contract that you never signed. The contract is between the companies and the IMO's.

Agents are collateral damage. Most companies will release you if you just don't write them for 6 months. Some companies require that your terminate your contract and then recontract after 6 months. Some require 12 months.

In the FE arena there's a handful of IMO's that will release upon request. Those are the true unicorns of the business. An agent should never do business with an IMO that won't release. And most agents won't knowingly.

That's the problem. We don't know to ask this crap when we're new. We find out about having to ask our master for a release once we want to leave that master.

The companies will blame the IMO. The IMO's will blame the companies. But it's both of them. They are colluding to keep an agent from moving their contracts.

It's illegal as hell and would not stand up in court. The problem is by the time you beat them in court the time has passed. Now you are out legal fees too for a hollow victory.

Back