Rent A Rep?

That is how it works. Years ago I was on a team enrolling for J. Hancock. They had a contract to enroll employees of a giant supermkt...like Big Star. Obviously a chain has multi-states so the JH broker advertised for salespeople. We had stupid hrs to work because grocery stores have many shifts..24/7. You never contacted these people again...they were not your clients...you just enrolled them in the plan(s)

I should have posted a longer reply. this is not uncommon in large group settings, like hospitals, corporations, municipalities, etc.

How else would you enroll hundreds of people into benefit pkgs within a short period of time.....

You think at GM or Lockheed they have one or two agents talking individually with each employee?

This poster probably picked up a group contract with Coventry or Aetna or whoever, and has some large companies interested. They can't be messing with these people all year long...usually mgmnt gives you a window of a couple weeks and then "Get Outta Here."

I should have posted a longer reply. this is not uncommon in large group settings, like hospitals, corporations, municipalities, etc.

How else would you enroll hundreds of people into benefit pkgs within a short period of time.....

You think at GM or Lockheed they have one or two agents talking individually with each employee?

This poster probably picked up a group contract with Coventry or Aetna or whoever, and has some large companies interested. They can't be messing with these people all year long...usually mgmnt gives you a window of a couple weeks and then "Get Outta Here."

I think you are making an awful lot of assumptions based on the extremely limited information that was given in his post.

I didn't see anything about getting a contract with a large corporation. I didn't even see anything about what kind of MA plan he was talking about. That was one of the questions I asked that is still unanswered.

I know that it isn't realistic for one agent to enroll a large employee group. To me that is the only situation where hiring a lot of agents for a short period of time would make sense. Not to use them to enroll seniors in the limited time available.

You are "sticking up" for someone who neither of us know, who just joined the board and refuses to give us the simplest information about what kind of MA plan he is even talking about.

Every time we "assume" it makes an ass out of U and me. I didn't want to assume anything, that is why I asked the questions.

I don't think I was sticking up for the new poster, but I was trying to bring in a possibility.

Re-reading his post he sounds like a recruiter/mgr for one of the MA companies that does seminars. From that point they need agents to follow up on those attendees. So they're hiring now.

In addition, I was thinking he had picked up a group contract. I, and I'm sure others here too, have been contacted to present these MA's to companies with a large senior population. The idea here is that health premiums are hurting the bottom line, so why not switch the retiree to an MA plan? Corp could list bill and their costs would drop dramatically.

"Like they say in Louisiana, BAYOU!"

Sorry this thread continues to create such confusion. My original thought was to turn to this board for ideas on how we could staff up for the upcoming open enrollment period. As I mentioned in post #4, we are a regional MA plan with HMO, PPO, Supps and PDP's.

I thought I might be able to identify some resources through this board that would allow me to put more licensed agents on the street by contracting with a business entity, rater than individual agents. Yes, we're generating leads and doing workshop and in-home presentation.

Unlike the National MA plans, we don't have FMO's or MGA's in place yet, so I though their might be a possibility to find a similar, ready-made resource that I could contract with. I do have a handful of independent agents that we've certified and appointed, so I think we're covered there.

We also sell to large groups, but our appointed commercial agents take care of those accounts. Most of that is done electronically these days, even for the retirees. (The largest group I've personally worked on has tens of thousands of Medicare eligible retirees.) However, more and more companies are cutting their retiree health care benefits, so there is some opportunity in that market for individual products.

I think my original question has been clarified and answered. Thanks to all for your opinions and best wishes for continued success.

Hi

I might be interested. Please email me at [email protected]

Hello Insurance Forums members and fellow agents. I am a new member and first time poster, although I have been lurking for a while.

I hope you can help with a question. I work for a MA plan in the Great Lakes/Midwest region and we are looking to "staff up" for open enrollment. I have been asked to find out if there are any agencies or agents that could provide the services of a licensed (health) agent on a contract basis. I don't have any specifics on how much we'd pay but presume that we could work out a per-day rate as well as a commission. I guess you could say the financial arrangement would be negotiable. We'll be hosting enrollment workshops and will also be generating leads for one-on-one presentations.

Please post any ideas you might have on resources that might be available to help with our staffing needs during open enrollment. We'd need the help from October 1 thru mid December. We are currently not working with any FMO's or MGA's. We are contracting directly with independent agents.

PM me if you'd like more detail. I'd prefer that the plan name remains confidential for competitive reasons. Thanks for any ideas.

Back