Renters Insurance Carriers

American Strategic insurance (ASI) offers renter's policies in Texas. They just moved in to Tennessee and have been very competitive on homes and renters policies.

I meant that is difficult to find one that offers renters insurance, I'm not saying that I'm having difficulties getting the appointments.

Most of the standard carriers offer renters in texas. Safeco, travelers, MetLife, universal. If you offer non-tankard markets try hallmark or pacific specialty.

I second American Strategic. Fantastic company. I'm the number one writer for them in my territory and going to their corporate headquarter in FL in October. Plus having dinner at the CEO house. I write all my flood with them and a lot of mono-line home.

I second American Strategic. Fantastic company. I'm the number one writer for them in my territory and going to their corporate headquarter in FL in October. Plus having dinner at the CEO house. I write all my flood with them and a lot of mono-line home.

That's awesome! I will definitely contact them :)

Curiously..what's their commission rate & profit sharing like?

Commission is a split commission in SC. 18% on fire. 8 on wind. Ends up around 16 ish. The wind part is usually not a large portion of the premium. Profit sharing is good around 1.5 of earned premium. Need to stay under 2% underwriting cancellations to qualify.

Back