Replacing United Insurance,Debit Dog

noah

Guru
1000 Post Club
So he gets replaced,higher face amount,1st day coverage,lower premium.

The insured has received a letter from home office acknowledging replacement that shows CV in the policy.

Debit dog goes out there and tells the insured he cannot get his CV,tries to get the insured to sign a premium loan form to continue coverage.

The insured is M,79,and like many of our people is being manipulated by a dirt bag.

Looks like we have to have some conversation with the debit dog to get him to do the right thing.

Anybody ever have this happen ?

What did you say to the debit dog ?

I find that United is one of the hardest policies to replace for a couple of reasons.

1. They usually don't have a policy.

2. They usually have 3-4 additional policies associated with the life policy. i.e. Fire ins, break in ins, child riders etc.

3. If you call the home office, they can literally give you no information. I honestly don't know if they don't have it or they are just unwilling to give it out. They say they can't even give it out to the PO. So then you have to call the agent or local office to get the info. Fun fun.

4. Although priced ridiculously high, these policies were sold many years ago to communities that had no one actively prospecting them until DM and FE became popular. The debit agent had built a relationship of trust through years of continuous contact. The last United prospect I had talked about how their agent went to her moms funeral and then when the agent died, all his clients from the area went to his. For that reason, if the agent is still involved it becomes very difficult to build enough trust to replace.

5. That being said, the debit agent is a dying breed and many with United no longer know their current agent on a personal level as they now mail in or have their payments drafted.

So this guy came back in and used his trust to poison the well. Getting him on the phone and catching him in a lie might help you with the prospect, but who's he gonna believe, his agent of years or some guy that just dropped by one time? If you could call in to the company to show the client the lie, that usually does it, but as I said, they won't tell you hardly anything. Good luck"

I find that United is one of the hardest policies to replace for a couple of reasons.

1. They usually don't have a policy.

2. They usually have 3-4 additional policies associated with the life policy. i.e. Fire ins, break in ins, child riders etc.

3. If you call the home office, they can literally give you no information. I honestly don't know if they don't have it or they are just unwilling to give it out. They say they can't even give it out to the PO. So then you have to call the agent or local office to get the info. Fun fun.

4. Although priced ridiculously high, these policies were sold many years ago to communities that had no one actively prospecting them until DM and FE became popular. The debit agent had built a relationship of trust through years of continuous contact. The last United prospect I had talked about how their agent went to her moms funeral and then when the agent died, all his clients from the area went to his. For that reason, if the agent is still involved it becomes very difficult to build enough trust to replace.

5. That being said, the debit agent is a dying breed and many with United no longer know their current agent on a personal level as they now mail in or have their payments drafted.

So this guy came back in and used his trust to poison the well. Getting him on the phone and catching him in a lie might help you with the prospect, but who's he gonna believe, his agent of years or some guy that just dropped by one time? If you could call in to the company to show the client the lie, that usually does it, but as I said, they won't tell you hardly anything. Good luck"

1. I have them grab the card with the policy numbers,face amounts,premiums.

2. I tell them to mail in the fire ins since usually no other company will insure their trailer,heir property.

3. Calling home office is a waste. They are trained to tell you "call the agent".

4. In this case,the insured also had a small amount of CV available that I helped him get from another company that was replaced along with United,so he understands CV,surrender.

Are you guys speaking of United Financial?

United Insurance Company of America.. Replacing them is a bit different from replacing other agents.. A lot of ordinary agents won't even bother calling a client if they get a two or three year old policy replaced but most debit agents will fight tooth and nail to save a piece of business even if it is 10 years old because of the way their pay structure is set up. It costs them more than just the loss of future renewal commissions.

United Insurance Company of America.. Replacing them is a bit different from replacing other agents.. A lot of ordinary agents won't even bother calling a client if they get a two or three year old policy replaced but most debit agents will fight tooth and nail to save a piece of business even if it is 10 years old because of the way their pay structure is set up. It costs them more than just the loss of future renewal commissions.

I replaced one a couple weeks back. I got her double the face for double the premium. So the exact same premium for the face... 25 years later.

So what would you say or do to help the client get their money back ?

Have horrible luck with these mostly on the long term relationship aspect. Buy more leads and MoveOn.

So he gets replaced,higher face amount,1st day coverage,lower premium. The insured has received a letter from home office acknowledging replacement that shows CV in the policy. Debit dog goes out there and tells the insured he cannot get his CV,tries to get the insured to sign a premium loan form to continue coverage. The insured is M,79,and like many of our people is being manipulated by a dirt bag. Looks like we have to have some conversation with the debit dog to get him to do the right thing. Anybody ever have this happen ? What did you say to the debit dog ?
I was a so-called "debit dog" for 28years. I like the position and took care of all my clients never did anything like that to be honest I was replaced one time in 28 years hard to believe but it is true and the reason is this one lady's grandson got a job with Prudential and he wrote her the business which I can't blame that's family but for 28 years I was very successful and made lots of money helped the client out and it was fun times. A debit agent is very hard to replace because they see the people quite often and if someone was to replace them and the client said their going with another Company and still wanted to keep that other insurance with the debit agent they would say I just won't collect no more. bang cancel the other policy write one with the debit agent come and collect that's how it went.

Problem is a lot of the other stuff that is weaved into their life insurance policy is worth crap. Fire insurance when people qualified for full coverage, etc etc.

Back