Reponse to "I'll just shoot myelf if I get like that"

No one does, which is what is so great about LTCi. You can actually stay in your own home longer.

But I'm not going to try to out-rational someone who says "I'll just shoot myself." You don't respond to a completely irrational statement with logic.
That is the LTCi equivalent to the FE,"They can just throw me in the ditch when I am gone."... :sad:

I'm like you... Who needs LTC... let's Just take out some FE fist day coverage... and when I deliver your policy will just go out back and do an Old Yeller...

Fewer payments mean you get more on your investment... :1biggrin:

Of course I take it as a joke and go from there.

Some people really have a difficult time seeing themselves like that.

It's similar to people who refuse the buy life insurance because they don't think they'll ever be that tiny percentage of people who die young.

I knew someone who owned 5 houses free and clear and didn't have homeowners insurance. That's nuts, but some people are like this.

Years ago a potential customer says, " so if I make it 2 years and commit suicide will the policy pay". I told her she would have to ask her agent and walked out of the house. If they have all of the answers, or ask questions with no bearing on the policy, or make stupid statements you are usually wasting your time.

Years ago a potential customer says, " so if I make it 2 years and commit suicide will the policy pay". I told her she would have to ask her agent and walked out of the house. If they have all of the answers, or ask questions with no bearing on the policy, or make stupid statements you are usually wasting your time.

That would really depend upon how it is asked. A lot of people don't understand the suicide clause because of movies getting it wrong. I usually get a chuckle from people over it, more morbid curiosity than anything else.

Back