Reputable? Whole Life with Northwestern Mutual...

Adding some wording to the contract that Berkshire has had for years doesn't make them more competitive. Allowing unlimited years for their own-occ rider for the medical market, now that would make them competitive. Listen to NML agents talk about the importance of own-occ coverage to attorneys, then marvel at how unimportant it seems to become when the hacks talk to doctors.

Own-occ aside, it's still a blah plain vanilla contract.

The new definition is still a big improvement, and even if someone still chose not to go with the NM policy, most agents write for Guardian as well.

Guardian rocks. They also don't require an exam for under $5k/month benefit under 40 years old anymore. We just had someone finish underwriting in less than two weeks.

Wow. That's pretty solid. Do they limit the occ classes they offer this to? What riders are not available?

I'm not sure of either of those questions since this is the first one we've done with the new guidelines. We didn't find out until we tried to schedule the exam and were told that one isn't needed. They didn't require any financials verification either, which is a little strange. We sent in a W2 for the prior 2 years but they told us it wasn't necessary. Give Guardian a call and I'm sure they can tell you if there's any other limitations.

I'm not sure of either of those questions since this is the first one we've done with the new guidelines. We didn't find out until we tried to schedule the exam and were told that one isn't needed. They didn't require any financials verification either, which is a little strange. We sent in a W2 for the prior 2 years but they told us it wasn't necessary. Give Guardian a call and I'm sure they can tell you if there's any other limitations.

My experience with not needing financials is, of course, they'll need them come claim time. I will give the local GA a call, though. Thanks for the heads up. Anytime I can make DI easier and not a "Don't Issue" situation, it's a plus in my book.

Back