Researching becoming Independent Life and Health Agent

To a point I agree with what you're doing....to a point. However, the highest level producers always deserve the highest comp.

I'm not sure if I think people who barely produce deserve above street level - there's a sense of fairness that seems to be violated if I'm busting my ass and getting 130% and some lazy schmuck doing 10 apps a year is at the same comp.

Believe it or not. The companies just don't allow the imo's to offer the agent everything. At a certain point, we must show the company your production levels and other stuff.

I don't believe the company is going to allow a contract to come in from a new agent at 140% with no production showing where he is doing millions a year. Also if a company saw an imo, offering above the MGA level, they would fire the imo.

I don't think he can really give a 140% with West Coast life to just anyone. I know the guys at West Coast Life. I will give them a phone call and see what they have to say about this.

I think he is just blowing smoke. We know nothing about the guy. Show us his website, or his info.

Okay, send one of us the 140% with West Coast Life.

Last edited:
True, on the health side many carriers do not allow you to offer anything above street or even compensate anything above street.

I am sorry you feel that way. But an IMO can pay anything they want to an agent in the form of a bonus. But I thank you MarkinGriffin for again proving my point. Most IMO's do not like the way I operate because I can take alot business out the door. West Coast does not care becasue they are still getting the business. I am not here trying to take any ones business, again I am trying to offer another point-of-view.

Most people feel threatened when there way of thinking is in jeopardy. I say do not feel threatened instead change the way you think. Just another thought from my dumb book of thinking, but at least I do think.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Believe it or not. The companies just don't allow the imo's to offer the agent everything. At a certain point, we must show the company your production levels and other stuff.

I don't believe the company is going to allow a contract to come in from a new agent at 140% with no production showing where he is doing millions a year. Also if a company saw an imo, offering above the MGA level, they would fire the imo.

I don't think he can really give a 140% with West Coast life to just anyone. I know the guys at West Coast Life. I will give them a phone call and see what they have to say about this.

I think he is just blowing smoke. We know nothing about the guy. Show us his website, or his info.

Okay, send one of us the 140% with West Coast Life.

I will answer each response:

The company will not allow for that contract to go to a new agent. That is true, the additional comp is paid in the form of a bonus on each contract issued.

If you are so intrested in trying to defame me in public, why then were you sending me private messages last night telling me that you thought my information was well received.

And lastly where would you like your contracting paperwork sent too?

I do remember this summer when Banner was having a promotion on there term products and my comp was a total of 158% but again I was only at 141% with Banner. How could this be, Oh thats right I was paid the additional in the form of a bonus from CIGI.

Put your big boy pants on, get your information right and then come back to the table, beacause I am here to tell it like it is.

Last edited:
Put your big boy pants on, get your information right and then come back to the table, beacause I am here to tell it like it is.
I think the bottom line is that anyone can post anything here anonymously. It take "big boy pants" to let people know who you are.

Until you are willing to come out from behind the closet door (so to speak), you have zero credibility.

Rick

I think the bottom line is that anyone can post anything here anonymously. It take "big boy pants" to let people know who you are.

Until you are willing to come out from behind the closet door (so to speak), you have zero credibility.

Rick

I apologize I thought I had already given that, but it could have been another post. My marketing company is called Momentum Advisors Insurance Group. My name is William Gay. Hope

The company will not allow for that contract to go to a new agent. That is true, the additional comp is paid in the form of a bonus on each contract issued.

If you are so intrested in trying to defame me in public, why then were you sending me private messages last night telling me that you thought my information was well received.

I want to see this PM where I said to you that your info was well recieved or that I bragged about you. When talking about defaming you. I did say something to you about your spelling. I was not trying to attack you, but to make you aware that you will be judge on spelling on this forum and to use the spell checker.

THe only PM I ever sent to you said this.

"I'm not trying to attack you. If you don't spam on here from the start you will get further on here.

You have to learn how this forum works. Give advise and help agents before you promote yourself.

I'm trying to save you some time. I bet it won't be long before the forum mods go back and change your post or delete them or ban you for spamming.

If you will listen to my advise, you will go further."

What part of what I said, makes you think I think your info is well recieved. I wrote this after you 1st 4 post were spam and you not reading the rules of the forum. I sent it in a pm, not to make you look bad or to attack you.

SO the small print is that you really don't give the 140% contract to new agents like you said, and that you really pay this bonus out of your pocket. What % does the company pay and what % comes out of your pocket.

I'm not going to defame you. I think anyone can just judge you on your post and your knowledge. I also wish you the best in your 2nd year of law school. If I was in law school, I would not be in the insurance business.

I would like to see your website. Also, do you offer a toll free phone number for the agents on the forum to call you? Do you have more contact info?

I am also worried anytime that an mga/agent/imo pays another agent from their pocket. I'm very confused about this 140% contract with West Coast. How much of it comes from your pocket and how much comes from West Coast?

If anying you questions is defaming you, then I'm sorry that you took it that way. IF you are talking about the spelling thing. I'm sorry. I only wanted you to be judged by your post and your knowledge.

So how does one form or become an IMO? I have worked as a recruiter in a captive environment and am trying to learn how to put myself in a position to develop a team of life producers. I would appreciate any advice from IMO folks or other experienced agents.

This has been educational for me - just to learn of the contract possibilities beyond that available to the personal producer. Thanks for the healthy exchange and straight talk!

Last edited:

I want to see this PM where I said to you that your info was well recieved or that I bragged about you. When talking about defaming you. I did say something to you about your spelling. I was not trying to attack you, but to make you aware that you will be judge on spelling on this forum and to use the spell checker.

THe only PM I ever sent to you said this.

"I'm not trying to attack you. If you don't spam on here from the start you will get further on here.

You have to learn how this forum works. Give advise and help agents before you promote yourself.

I'm trying to save you some time. I bet it won't be long before the forum mods go back and change your post or delete them or ban you for spamming.

If you will listen to my advise, you will go further."

What part of what I said, makes you think I think your info is well recieved. I wrote this after you 1st 4 post were spam and you not reading the rules of the forum. I sent it in a pm, not to make you look bad or to attack you.

SO the small print is that you really don't give the 140% contract to new agents like you said, and that you really pay this bonus out of your pocket. What % does the company pay and what % comes out of your pocket.

I'm not going to defame you. I think anyone can just judge you on your post and your knowledge. I also wish you the best in your 2nd year of law school. If I was in law school, I would not be in the insurance business.

I would like to see your website. Also, do you offer a toll free phone number for the agents on the forum to call you? Do you have more contact info?

I am also worried anytime that an mga/agent/imo pays another agent from their pocket. I'm very confused about this 140% contract with West Coast. How much of it comes from your pocket and how much comes from West Coast?

If anying you questions is defaming you, then I'm sorry that you took it that way. IF you are talking about the spelling thing. I'm sorry. I only wanted you to be judged by your post and your knowledge.

1. It was not a pm, it was on another post; and I apologize for thinking that it was. My mistake!

2. You also state that you are wanting me to be judged on my knowledge and for me to use spell-check; have you looked at your post? I will not even bother pointing out all of your spelling and grammatical errors, because I too am not perfect. I would suggest not judging others, unless you too are perfect!

3. As long as the agent receives the 140% comp level; who cares where it comes from!

4. Why would you not be in the insurance business? I am trying to educate myself so that I may provide a valuable service to my agents and my clients. How many times, as the insurance agent, do you run into a client who is needing some type of trust drawn up, or an ILIT. Is it not we who say that we want to provide a one-stop-shop for our clients. That is what I have in place, NO it is not easy, but nothing in life worth having is easy.

5. I am currently in the process of having my WEBSITE put together and should be up and running by the end of the year. I would be more than happy to send you a link to it once it is up and running. No I do not provide a toll-free number. What more contact info are you looking for?

6. Worried? How about you stick to your business, and I will stick to mine. My operation is clearly different than yours. Why is it that we as a whole try to discredit somebody for doing something different? My very humble answer would be:

"Only a person who is not secure in themselves and their way of thinking, is THREATENED, or worried, by a person who thinks differently." ME 12/09/2008

I say these things in hopes that it will help establish an active, healthy dialogue between the two of us. I will stand up for my point of view, as should you. Discrediting a person for not thinking the same way, or for not doing things the way you do them is CHILDISH! Lets rise above the childish measures set forth and be adults; Agree?

Back