Safe Insurance and company set up for Ride share rental cars.

mactube

Expert
I’m looking for the best way to set up an entity to be protected against lawsuits when I rent out a car to a rider share driver ( Uber / Lyft ) or food delivery driver ( Door dash, Uber eats etc. ) as a rental car fleet owner in California. I'm pretty sure an LLC would be the best entity. Maybe it’s best to set it up in another state ?

I'm looking to be protected as owner as well as my personal assets in case of a law suite.

There are certain policies, that ride share drivers can put in place that will cover any periodes which the ridershare plantform's insurance doesn’t cover, but what would be the best policy for the registered owner ( if that’s a business) ?

You would be a fool to rent a vehicle to someone using it for widespread exposure. Even if you obtained their driving record (MVR) you have no control over where it's being used, when it's being used, how it's being used. Ultimately, as the owner you would be on the hook for liability.

You would be a fool to rent a vehicle to someone using it for widespread exposure. Even if you obtained their driving record (MVR) you have no control over where it's being used, when it's being used, how it's being used. Ultimately, as the owner you would be on the hook for liability.
Rental Car Company owners might be Fools but the questions is ...how can I protect myself from law suits.

Back