Samples of Cold Call Tele Scripts

You do have to be a little bit careful on this. The language in a lot of plans excludes work related injuries (i.e., should be covered by workmans comp, whether or not you have workers comp). A lot of small business owners don't have workers comp, so if they get hurt on the job, they may be fighting the insurance company for coverage.

Now, I've never had this situation come up, so I don't know what the eventual outcome would be. I'm guessing if you push, you might get the claim paid, but probably not without a fight.

I know in California, BlueCross offers plans that remove the 'work related' exclusion.

Keep in mind, I'm a P&C guy, a health person can elaborate more......

Dan

Do you know any websites or resources that break down Workman's Compensation regulations/requirements in a state by state guide? Google turned up nothing.......

Golddoor-

You have to make sure you find a script that works for you, the one I gave works for me, I've been using every day for over a year. Keep in mind that no matter what the script, it's still a numbers game. I know my numbers:

100 Calls
30 Reach owner
20 Have time to talk
4 Set Appts
4 More Say to call at renewel or a later date for a reason I deem their worth following up with
I close 1 out of 5.
I need to make 143 Dials to get a sale.
My average commission is $650
I earn $4.50 for every dial I make (this number keeps increasing as I get better)

I ask if they have time first, because if they have a need, I want to make sure they have time to listen. Yes, some will blow you off, but you weren't going to get them anyway. Some will sincerely tell you a better time to call back. The key is to talk casually and conversationally, remember, you are trying to find prospects, not make them.

In PA, W/C is required only if you have 1 or more employees. So a sole proprietor who has no employees does not have W/C. Partners are also excluded. Sometimes you have two or three people operating a business as partners----no W/C. Probably the only way to research this is to go to Department of Labor website of each state in which you are interested.

In PA, W/C is required only if you have 1 or more employees. So a sole proprietor who has no employees does not have W/C. Partners are also excluded. Sometimes you have two or three people operating a business as partners----no W/C. Probably the only way to research this is to go to Department of Labor website of each state in which you are interested.

This is where it gets really unclear to me. You are not required to have workers comp in some limited cases (its just you or you and family members). Yet, if you ask the health claims people, they won't pay if workers comp would pay for it, if they had workers comp. It doesn't matter whether or not there is workers comp coverage.

I know when I've written small spousal groups, I've either had to show workers comp coverage (even though technically its not needed), or write them into a plan that covered the work exposure. When I've written small groups and I wrote the workers comp on the employees (not the owner), this was acceptable for group health.

It's a vague area, I just know there are plans that specifically don't exclude work related injuries, others (most?) specifically exclude it.

Dan

Back