Satellite AI technology. Complete BS. Get away from my accounts!!!

MIGA1626

Super Genius
Have any of you dealt with underwriters using this supposed satellite AI imagery to gather information on roofs? As far I am concerned these reports are useless. Even roofs that are brand new are getting my submissions declined. The underwriting process is degrading into complete mindless nothingness. We need find a way to fight back against this non-sense and other underwriting non-sense. AGENTS HAVE HAD ENOUGH!

underwriters using this supposed satellite AI imagery to gather information on roofs?
Not sure of the "AI" element but yes I have several vendors that look at Sat Photos and often they mistake limbs and leaves for what that may think are tears and poor maintence. Sometimes though we work around them by providiing our own photos.

Last edited:
Not sure of the "AI" element but yes I have several vendors that look at Sat Photos and often they mistake limbs and leaves for what that may think are tears and poor maintence. Sometimes though we work around them by providiing our own photos.

Yea I was told these Tech Bros come around selling the service to the carriers and the word AI is thrown around as a buzzword and they buy it hook-line-and-sinker.

That's the problem, they won't write your accounts, because they're too busy putting their pronouns in their email signature and receiving diversity training.

You think if I put my pronouns in mine they would start approving my accounts LOL? Maybe I can make my agency "he/him/she/her insurance services, LLC"

During a catastrophe one of my insureds used a separate color shingle on a portion of their roof because the other shingle ran out of availability. (They were replacing 25 apartment complex roofs) UW had a coronary saying there was a section ripped off the roof still and wanted to non-renew. I have also had them say things were damaged because of the stupid shadow of a tree. I get why they're doing this but it is obnoxious. However in this current market if you even have a habitational market in your office you just comply with their BS so you can feed your family.

During a catastrophe one of my insureds used a separate color shingle on a portion of their roof because the other shingle ran out of availability. (They were replacing 25 apartment complex roofs) UW had a coronary saying there was a section ripped off the roof still and wanted to non-renew. I have also had them say things were damaged because of the stupid shadow of a tree. I get why they're doing this but it is obnoxious. However in this current market if you even have a habitational market in your office you just comply with their BS so you can feed your family.

Well let me tell you this. 90% of my book is Hab so pretty much everyone who owns rental property comes to me in my market. I have ALOT of active markets both admitted and special programs so if you ever need any help just let me know. My frustration is my OCD in providing a good product to my clients and keeping them happy. That is why I am angry. As far as feeding my family I am going to brag here. These underwriters are making me very wealthy from driving up the prices. I have saved all my excess money like I am in the great depression and invested in my premium finance company (separate LLC) to save it and make about 20% interest on top of getting commission on E/S policies. My next move is going to be to create my own MGA, captive, E/S program, or something like that. Then I am really going to clean house and I will appoint all of you guys.

Back