SEBELIUS - Preparing to Dictate a Contraceptive Mandate.

AllenChicago

Guru
5000 Post Club
I don't know why more health insurance companies aren't simply taking their profits and closing the doors, or simply getting out of the health market. This HHS-Sebelius is going way over the top in the wielding of her authority and power!

Check out the second paragrah where she wants "agents to induce abortions". Not me... I'm pro-LIFE.

Contraceptive Recommendation Creates New Controversy for Health Care Law - FoxNews.com

Next thing you know, Sebilius-HHS will mandate that health insurance cover our pets as well. Since her ultimate goal is government-run health insurance, I suppose these industry-killing mandates combined with the profit limits, are just back door means for getting there.

-AC

It's about making birth control "free" not abortions. Sometimes you should read several versions on an issue rather than just Fox. I have seen nothing elsewhere about "agents pushing abortions" except here.

The real issue is as somarco points out is "how much does free cost?"

That would be the real conversation behind this effort, not some made up nonsense that is there only to create a knee jerk.

I find it interesting that one of the arguments in favor of providing "free" birth control pills is the women can't afford them.

If you can't afford $100/mo for pills how can you afford to raise a child?

Oh yeah, I forgot.

Section 8 housing, food stamps, AFDC . . .

David Saltzman recently said it best:

The government rails about the cost of insurance, but when we tried to give it the facts about how real markets act, it didn’t want to listen, driven instead by the pathological need to attempt to impose ideological constructs on markets. We attempted to voice our knowledge about economics — OK, really just mathematics — but our advice fell on deaf ears. When your kids bring last-minute dinner guests, you either make more food or the portions get smaller. But many in government believe there is some legislative legerdemain where more food (at lower costs) just materializes. Sadly, as is the case with “magic,” it is just an illusion.
They Need a Dose - Health Insurance - Life Insurance Selling

If you can't afford $100/mo for pills how can you afford to raise a child? Oh yeah, I forgot. Section 8 housing, food stamps, AFDC . . .

On top of that, most birth control pills cost only $10 to $20 a month. Oh yeah, I forgot. Those with free health care want the newest version of birth control at higher prices.

Can't say, Ann. We have been off the pill for years. Snip, snip.

I do know that Yaz is popular and runs about $90/month.

Can't tell if you're just being sarcastic, but that doesn't mean insurance agents...

LOL! Yes I was being sicko sarcastic DGoldenz.

On a more serious note, I had no idea until today that there were so many birth control methods. And as Somarco pointed out, some of them are quite expensive.

Here's the list: Birth Control Methods - Birth Control Options

To mandate that health insurance pay 100% for all of those that cost money is rediculous.

-ac

Back