Second to die term

Are there any companies that offer a second to die term policy?

The only reason to offer second to die insurance is that you want a death benefit claim to be paid. It is a guarentee that at some point the insurance company is going to write a check. No such guarentees exist with term insurance. In fact 99% of the time they never pay on one death.

The only reason to offer second to die insurance is that you want a death benefit claim to be paid. It is a guarentee that at some point the insurance company is going to write a check. No such guarentees exist with term insurance. In fact 99% of the time they never pay on one death.

Survivorship (aka 2nd to die) Life is typically for use in Estate Tax Planning. I've never heard of carriers offering it as a term product.

This is an estate planning case that the client might want to protect insurability and convert to a permanent policy. Manulife and West Coast use to have such a product.

Great question! 2nd to die type of policies probably aren't used enough to deal with estate issues. I'm glad you asked, because I have a case where I need a second to die policy as well. I'd rather sell it as a perm policy, but I'm not sure that is going to happen.

Dan

Discovered West Coast had the product. Client can't cash flow the perm premium, currently, although high net worth, all in RE and close held business. Plans to sell within 3 years, then fund the perm, decided to buy 5 mill STD term, 4500 per year, 10 year guarantee.

Primerica has one but they don't tell anyone about it because "It's too hard to explain". One must go through an RVP to get it.

Back