• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Selling Cancer Insurance

Varies by age, purpose, assets, etc.

To replace income from the primary breadwinner....pure vanilla term is what is usually the best choice.

For tax avoidance and estate planning....Single Premium is great.

I sell quite a bit of Single Premium-2nd to die-Long Term Care Insurance (most underinsured risk for most)
....and quite a bit of Gtd Issue Final Expense--usually paid for by sons and daughters.

Your primary market is seniors and whole life is "in most cases WL is far too expensive to cover the need"? But they can afford SP LTC?

I sell some GIWL. Not the majority of my life sales. Only when I can not find level or graded. I have run across salesmen that primarily sell GI to their clients.

I am not selling cancer insurance but I have it through my wife's employer. Both my parents had cancer as did their parents. A lot of cancer history with my relatives. It's more of when then if I will get cancer. 50's and 60's seems to be the magic age bands. A lot of cancer on wife's side too. Her mom is a cancer survivor.

Experimental treatments, non-medical expenses and loss of income can be huge. A new study was recently in the news and it said something to the effect that experimental treatments were showing the better results for survival.

Don't see how HolyRoller can advise everyone they are wasting their money on cancer insurance. Seems irresponsible. When he says "I am in the business to get paid for helping folks...not playing on fears and exploiting those fears for a commission" he must not sell any type of insurance or he is full of a lot of shlt. All insurance is playing on someone's fear. Fear of dying, fear of getting sick, fear of getting into a car accident, fear of house burning down. ha

Even financial planners play on the fear of not having enough money for retirement.

I notice he sells LTC.. That has to be one of the most fear mongering sales in the industry. And, if you use his measure to determine cancer insurance a rip off, then LTC is even more so. I have had a lot more folks collect on their cancer coverages than on their LTC coverages.

I am not selling cancer insurance but I have it through my wife's employer. Both my parents had cancer as did their parents. A lot of cancer history with my relatives. It's more of when then if I will get cancer. 50's and 60's seems to be the magic age bands. A lot of cancer on wife's side too. Her mom is a cancer survivor.

Experimental treatments, non-medical expenses and loss of income can be huge. A new study was recently in the news and it said something to the effect that experimental treatments were showing the better results for survival.

Don't see how HolyRoller can advise everyone they are wasting their money on cancer insurance. Seems irresponsible. When he says "I am in the business to get paid for helping folks...not playing on fears and exploiting those fears for a commission" he must not sell any type of insurance or he is full of a lot of shlt. All insurance is playing on someone's fear. Fear of dying, fear of getting sick, fear of getting into a car accident, fear of house burning down. ha

Even financial planners play on the fear of not having enough money for retirement.

What a silly comment.

People don't buy life insurance because they fear death...they buy it to protect those still alive.

People don't buy auto insurance because they fear having an accident....they fear losing their car and being sued.

People buy insurance for protection against risk...and single issue health insurance is a bad choice...it is too LIMITED
....hope those who buy Cancer Insurance never have a stroke...huh

:goofy:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I notice he sells LTC.. That has to be one of the most fear mongering sales in the industry. And, if you use his measure to determine cancer insurance a rip off, then LTC is even more so. I have had a lot more folks collect on their cancer coverages than on their LTC coverages.

Then you are selling the wrong kind.

Single Premium...2nd to die...Full Death Benefit for LTC is the way to go.

Tax Defered...Tax Free for LTC...Loan Provision for emergency cash...Avoids probate...Gtd Principle...goes on and on.

Looks like you could use some basic training bucko

:laugh:

Last edited:
What a silly comment.

People don't buy life insurance because they fear death...they buy it to protect those still alive.

People don't buy auto insurance because they fear having an accident....they fear losing their car and being sued.

People buy insurance for protection against risk...and single issue health insurance is a bad choice...it is too LIMITED

And if they can't afford a plan that would cover heart/stroke coverage AND cancer but they can afford the cancer plan, then they should go bare just becasue they can't cover both? That about as silly as saying a hungry man shouldn't buy a half loaf of bread because he can't afford a full loaf. Or maybe, you would recommend a heart/stoke policy not the cancer coverage if they can't afford both.? :skeptical:

Your primary market is seniors and whole life is "in most cases WL is far too expensive to cover the need"? But they can afford SP LTC?

I sell some GIWL. Not the majority of my life sales. Only when I can not find level or graded. I have run across salesmen that primarily sell GI to their clients.

MOST Srs do not need Life Insurance...ever hear of Funeral Trusts?....

Those that do need it generally can't afford it, so I try and have their kids pay for it.

Some do want some Life Insurance to avoid probate (not for burial), and leave something to specific folks...and I do use WL for that
....but they can also usually afford SPWL.

:biggrin:

What a silly comment.

Then you are selling the wrong kind.

Single Premium...2nd to die...Full Death Benefit for LTC is the way to go.

Tax Defered...Tax Free for LTC...Loan Provision for emergency cash...Avoids probate...Gtd Principle...goes on and on.

Looks like you could use some basic training bucko

:laugh:
You may be right.. But I am not so arrogant as to think my way is the only way.

But I'm sure these seniors can all afford an LTC policy.

Most can't...so then you need to explain Medicaid and the Estate Recovery Act....

Got a clue what that means???

:swoon:
You may be right.. But I am not so arrogant as to think my way is the only way.

Not "my way"
....It is called..."doing what is right"

And if they can't afford a plan that would cover heart/stroke coverage AND cancer but they can afford the cancer plan, then they should go bare just becasue they can't cover both? That about as silly as saying a hungry man shouldn't buy a half loaf of bread because he can't afford a full loaf. Or maybe, you would recommend a heart/stoke policy not the cancer coverage if they can't afford both.? :skeptical:
Do they not have Medical Insurance?...Medicare?...Medicaid?

If so...why do they need Cancer Insurance?
...still working, do they have DI?...far more important

If no Medical Ins...then that is the issue...not Cancer

Last edited:
Most can't...so then you need to explain Medicaid and the Estate Recovery Act....

Got a clue what that means???

Not "my way"
....It is called..."doing what is right"

It is called doing what is right in your own mind.. The way you address others who might dare question you shows you to be one who is a legend unto himself.

Last edited:
Back