Selling for Aflac...worth It?

I just got a job for Aflac and I was wondering if anybody could give me any information about working for them. I am about to take my test next week and then I'm going through the Aflac training school. If anyone could tell me more about their training process as well I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Technically it's a job, but you'll figure that out soon enough ;)

Read through some of the other threads and that'll give you a better idea of what's going on with your situation, but odds are you'll be done with them in less than 6 months at which point you'll have not made much money (if any) and learned very little.

I worked with Aflac for a short period of time, starting off with a Hospital recruitment which turned out to be a disaster. (That's a whole other story.) The guys that I was working with had been with Aflac for a long time and apparently were doing well. I left them in a short time because my manager never showed at the appointments that he made with me. I also know several other Aflac managers, and although I never pulled a credit report, they seem to be living well, and have stayed with the company through a number of changes.
It's been my experience that no matter what the company or product, there are those making money with it, while others go hungry in the same market.

My wife worked with AFLAC for several months and ran around with a "top producer." unfortunately, he never sold a single policy in 3 months and spent each day attempting to collect premiums from his Mexican clientele . . . Needless to say, she now works with me in the accident, life, and sickness business.

Back