Selling LTC...

Could she get on the fed plan with no qualifying, just a thought.

I'm in the dark of what you are talking about? I didn't kow there is a guarantee issue LTCi federal plan? If there was the cost would be overally prohibitive when she can just be on the James's Plan, just ignore it an my wife can not turn her back and she knows that, like her father and mother, my wife's grandfather and grandmother. I remember the Grandfather saying, "If you don't like it just leave", knowing damn well I couldn't. So I sneak off sometimes and go piss on his grave and, say "if you don't like it, leave".
Payback!:D

Ps, no I really don't piss on his grave, their graves (headstones were put in years ago without the date of death, creepy) in a popular section of a large popular graveyard.

James, you do not have the luxury of hitting and missing, now. Get youself in front of a reputable elder care attorney...fast. Playing around with all these product remedies like Life/LTC combo plans and annuities aren't worth two cents until you know your legal options and building a plan of attack around them. I'm not an attorney but 29 years in the Life, health, disability and LTCi business has taught me to get all the options on the table before throwing fuel on the fire.

Blessings.

Hey,

I feel selling LTC to a 59 year old (senior citizens) could be a real challenge. It is actually different than when a person is applying for a health insurance plan in his/her 30s. It becomes increasingly important to show them the reason to get them covered through a LTC (again thats a challenge since its difficult for them to follow the clauses stated). Again, its difficult for them to understand the premium payment system. They can't just continue to follow your words & weigh the value for money with all their physical ailments in place. So, ultimately its about you guiding them & carrying a fair share of the responsibilities upon your shoulder, in case the person concerned is a close relative!

Thanks for pulling up this topic :)
Regards,
Jeff

I feel selling LTC to a 59 year old (senior citizens) could be a real challenge

Don't understand your comment!! Many of my clients , and myself, are this age and don't have problems understanding LTC?

Hey,

I feel selling LTC to a 59 year old (senior citizens) could be a real challenge... It becomes increasingly important to show them the reason to get them covered through a LTC (again thats a challenge since its difficult for them to follow the clauses stated). Again, its difficult for them to understand the premium payment system. They can't just continue to follow your words & weigh the value for money with all their physical ailments in place.

Jeff

What in the hell are you talking about?

You are saying that people over 50 are incapable of understanding "the clauses stated and the premium payment system"? What are all of these "physical ailments" that you are talking about. If they have so many "physical ailments" that they can't understand paying a premium they are not going to qualify for LTCi anyway.

Are you selling, or trying to sell LTCi in a mental ward?

I suggest you get a towel and dry behind your ears.

Hey,

I feel selling LTC to a 59 year old (senior citizens) could be a real challenge. It is actually different than when a person is applying for a health insurance plan in his/her 30s. It becomes increasingly important to show them the reason to get them covered through a LTC (again thats a challenge since its difficult for them to follow the clauses stated). Again, its difficult for them to understand the premium payment system. They can't just continue to follow your words & weigh the value for money with all their physical ailments in place. So, ultimately its about you guiding them & carrying a fair share of the responsibilities upon your shoulder, in case the person concerned is a close relative!

Thanks for pulling up this topic :)
Regards,
Jeff

You assume that if they can't follow your words that there is something wrong with them. I don't know what the heck you are talking about either. Just for giggles, consider the possibility that some of those 59 year olds are sharper than you are and are able to see that you are not competent in the field. Your language and thought processes are all scrambled up so you are assuming that it must be even worse for a 59 year old because you are already struggling. It's called projection. If I am in the business and can't understand you, think of how difficult it must be for clients.

Just another way of looking at it while you are tyring to figure out why you are not successful with them.

Winter

LTC is pricey and hard to qualify for health wise, however, the demographic you should be aiming for is 45 to 65. Even people older than that can qualify and afford it but it becomes increasingly dicey. I write LTC with John Hancock and harder to place cases with Penn Treaty.

Back