Selling MAPD Over the Phone

Jvick5

Expert
Florida
Is selling MAPD's over the phone possible? All sales will be from hot leads, no cold calling. I'm in FL, not sure if it varies from state to state. I've seen some say on this forum it is possible and others say it's not. Just need some clarification, and if it is possible which carriers allow it? Thanks

You should get your answers from the carriers you sell, not a forum.

Imagine your response to CMS, a dude on the forum said I could.

I'm sure your looking for a broad answer, but after you get the answer you want, I would still due some serious due diligence.

You should get your answers from the carriers you sell, not a forum. Imagine your response to CMS, a dude on the forum said I could. I'm sure your looking for a broad answer, but after you get the answer you want, I would still due some serious due diligence.

I agree with your comment and I definitely will, but to be honest I believe some people on this forum know a ton more than some of the people working for these carriers I talk to.

Yes and I do in over a dozen states

1 cant cold call the client must initiate contact
I have worked with Internet inquiry or compliant mailer piece
Must keep records of all conversations
I send out copies of all disclaimers and probably will soon create an additional sig page
that will state received and read these documents as some agents I know have done

How to submit
Easiest is paper app
A few carriers will work with online but each a little different on that

It would be good if you have Upline that is familiar with this

Yes and I do in over a dozen states 1 cant cold call the client must initiate contact I have worked with Internet inquiry or compliant mailer piece Must keep records of all conversations I send out copies of all disclaimers and probably will soon create an additional sig page that will state received and read these documents as some agents I know have done How to submit Easiest is paper app A few carriers will work with online but each a little different on that It would be good if you have Upline that is familiar with this

Unfortunately my up line doesn't believe in Advantage plans, so I am on my own on this one.

So hot internet leads ARE compliant to sell over the phone from my understanding. When you say you keep records of all conversations, how are you going about this? And how is paper app easier than Eapp?

Unfortunately my up line doesn't believe in Advantage plans, so I am on my own on this one.

So hot internet leads ARE compliant to sell over the phone from my understanding. When you say you keep records of all conversations, how are you going about this? And how is paper app easier than Eapp?

What do you mean by hot leads?

I keep notes of everything what drugs I looked up Docs I looked up
anything that may come up
you never know when You can get a call from plan and they want to know
times dates and specifics

As far as easier I said it wrong

what I mean is some carriers wont allow online app for over the phone
Some will some require the client to fill online from tier computer
every one is different

Sometimes like with anthem and empire Blue Cross
when I have some one that's not great on the computer
it is really easier to email for fax the app rather then them getting stuck on the create a password section (Blue Cross create a pass word is more complicated then most)

But Paper app is simple and easily done by fax
and done the same way for every carrier
Maybe easier when you are first getting used to it

After you are used to it all depends on who you have on the phone

What do you mean by hot leads? I keep notes of everything what drugs I looked up Docs I looked up anything that may come up you never know when You can get a call from plan and they want to know times dates and specifics As far as easier I said it wrong what I mean is some carriers wont allow online app for over the phone Some will some require the client to fill online from tier computer every one is different Sometimes like with anthem and empire Blue Cross when I have some one that's not great on the computer it is really easier to email for fax the app rather then them getting stuck on the create a password section (Blue Cross create a pass word is more complicated then most) But Paper app is simple and easily done by fax and done the same way for every carrier Maybe easier when you are first getting used to it After you are used to it all depends on who you have on the phone

Hot leads as in internet inquiries real time. My main concern was if it was even allowed to sell MAPDs over the phone.

Yes it is allowed, however you must record the call, obtain permission to record the call (in some states), maintain records of the recording for 10 years, do not assist with an application on an outbound phone call, and do not follow up on an application you mailed the client without documented permission to do so. Just a few of the many things required to sell MAPD compliantly over the phone. Also, check with each carrier to make sure you are compliant according to their requirements. :GEEK:

Since we are on this subject, and I can't find anything specifically in AHIP on this scenario and FMO's are worthless in this area,

Can you:

Call a referral you received for another product, like LTC, the person asks you about medicare plans, they tell you they can't afford a premium for a med supp. They are better suited for an MA.

You are not able to meet them because of your schedule and the area.

You send them a SOA. You receive it back. You then call them and discuss MA plans. They want the plan, so you send/fax or e-mail them the application.

Is this compliant ?

Back