Selling self funded maj med

Does anyone know if this is a good market? getting larger companies to self fund their health insurance plans?

Self funding of medical benefits is a good alternative for many groups, from 10 lives and up. Not saying that it is good for every group and every situation, but it should be considered in most groups.

Self funding of medical benefits is a good alternative for many groups, from 10 lives and up. Not saying that it is good for every group and every situation, but it should be considered in most groups.

From my understanding the total of covered employees in self funded plans has risen from 40% to over 60% in the last 2 years.
I agree with Leevena that it is not always a great fit. I prefer to do it with groups over 20 or 25 employees enrolled.
One of my TPAs is now doing a de-Identified underwriting process that is fully HIPAA compliant. Really cool, easy and fast.

contact me if you would like an introduction. This is what I specialize in.

ASO Partial Self-Funding plans depend on the group and may or may not be the best fit.

We might take a group and set them up with a HDHP, wrapping it with a MERP to start and then move them over to an ASO self funding plan when claims history is analyzed and deemed suitable.

There are many creative solutions that can be provided with Alternative Funding.

Back