Selling systems

Nov 24, 2018

1. Golfnut2112

Golfnut2112 Guru

State:
    West Virginia

I only believe that life insurance should be used as a savings tool once someone has maxed out their Roth and 401k, then MAYBE life insurance will work. I was told by someone that LEAP can compare different wealth transfer strategies better than insmark. I have absolutely no problem with life insurance being sold as life insurance. Last August I took out a $25,000 loan against my whole life policy, but getting the loan interest bill stung, I would have been better off taking a loan on my 401K and paid the interest they charged to myself.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  2. Golfnut2112

Golfnut2112 Guru

State:
    West Virginia

Thanks I will check it out I get to a computer.

3. DHK

DHK "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!"

State:
    California
    Also @Larry Tew has used both LEAP and currently uses Circle of Wealth rather extensively. He'd be a decent guy to contact to get his take on these systems and if they would work for your style and philosophy.

A quick note: Wealth transfer is different than wealth replacement (permission slip spending) leveraging life insurance. Your contact may have really meant wealth replacement and could have gotten confused between that and wealth transfer. (To me, wealth transfer is transferring an asset directly and minimizing or eliminating income and/or estate taxes to the beneficiary.)

DHK, Nov 24, 2018
  4. Golfnut2112

Golfnut2112 Guru

State:
    West Virginia
    You may be right, what I basically do is show people that have money sitting in bank accounts and (or) taking RMD’s how they can move some of that money into a life insurance policy ( owned by a trust) to maximize the the amount the beneficiaries receive.

5. scagnt83

scagnt83 Worldwide Expert of Everything

State:
    South Carolina
    I'd look at Circle of Wealth over LEAP if that's your goal.

6. DHK

State:
    California
    Don Blanton did a presentation in Memphis on Circle of Wealth. This video is the first of 8 segments that you might find interesting.

DHK, Nov 24, 2018
  7. Golfnut2112

Golfnut2112 Guru

State:
    West Virginia
    Thanks I will definitely check out the circle of wealth. Do you guys know a guy named Lew? I was at a company meeting in Arizona and was drinking with a guy named Lew that was giving a speech on a selling system the next day but I went to a different meeting. He seemed to make a lot of sense.

8. DHK

State:
    California
    There's Lew Nason with Insurance Pro Shop... but he doesn't do much traveling these days. No one else comes to mind.

DHK, Nov 24, 2018
  9. DHK

State:
    California
    I just did a search, and I think you're referring to Nathan Lew:

Home - NAIFA Scottsdale

DHK, Nov 24, 2018
  10. Golfnut2112

Golfnut2112 Guru

State:
    West Virginia
    I think his name might be Lenny. He gave me a book he wrote which I am trying to find