SEO for Insurance Websites

If that was an answer to my question about "how do you find a good SEM firm when they all say they are the best" then either I need to restate my question or you need to work on your response.

I agree.

But Justin isn't taking on clients.

No, I just don't see the need for breaking the topic down and going into detail.

What's my response going to change....?

However, our Adwords DIY guide for insurance agents is coming soon. This will be covered in the e-book.

True, most folks who try the PPC format have no idea what they are doing. Hit or miss. You could get lucky or you can blow through a lot of scratch.

So who do you turn to if you want to hire someone to run your campaign? Everyone claims they can deliver the goods. Some charge thousands of dollars to run your campaign (and you pay for the clicks on top of their fee). Others say they can do the same for less than $200 plus clicks.

Which one is right for you? How do you separate the sheep from the wolves?

My agency has sold nearly $20,000,000 in Major Med, STM, and Ancillary premium the past two years off of my personal Adwords and BingAds campaigns. I've gotten to the point though where I am correcting speakers at internet marketing conventions, so I'm a unique case and more marketer than agent these days.

SEO is definitely a long term strategy. For the insurance industry it can take 1 to 3 years to rank on the first page of Google for keywords like auto insurance (city) or life insurance (city). It basically boils down to optimizing your website, having quality content and building backlinks. If you follow all three things consistently you will outgrow your competition organically online. The best lead is the lead that contacts you from finding your contact information online because they have an immediate need to buy.

SEO is definitely a long term strategy. For the insurance industry it can take 1 to 3 years to rank on the first page of Google for keywords like auto insurance (city) or life insurance (city). It basically boils down to optimizing your website, having quality content and building backlinks. If you follow all three things consistently you will outgrow your competition organically online. The best lead is the lead that contacts you from finding your contact information online because they have an immediate need to buy.

Interestingly enough, I've ranked spot 1 for Medicare Insurance in my city in the snackpack and Medicare insurance agent in my city since almost day one. I'm barely starting to rank for keywords (my website is only 2.5m old)

As a new employee benefits broker who is looking to improve my own SEO, I have been posting on this forum asking questions about how to start. I have received a lot of great feedback on from users and am glad I found this site. Over the past few weeks I have been reading posts and skimming through comments to gather information and stumbled across this article featured under the insurance websites articles section. I was wondering if anyone else on here has looked through the insurance marketing guide linked inside and if so, what did you think about the information provided?

As a new employee benefits broker who is looking to improve my own SEO, I have been posting on this forum asking questions about how to start. I have received a lot of great feedback on from users and am glad I found this site. Over the past few weeks I have been reading posts and skimming through comments to gather information and stumbled across this article featured under the insurance websites articles section. I was wondering if anyone else on here has looked through the insurance marketing guide linked inside and if so, what did you think about the information provided?

The guide is pretty basic in regards to beginning SEO.

Here are the important things:

Quality content- What is that? Here's a great article

The Essential Ingredients for Writing a High-Quality Blog Post

The only thing I disagree with is the word count. It needs to bet at least 1000 words of quality information. However, more is better, but don't add fluff. 2300 words is a good sized post that people will actually read.

2) Backlinks are vital:

Sign up for HARO and submit quotes. That's the easiest way to add backlinks. Backlinks tell Google your site is credible. Just don't by links, period.

3) Be consistent with your schedule. If you can only write 1 post a week that's high quality, write 1 post a week. Answer Haro requests when they're available. Google likes to see your site grow over time before it starts to trust you. It can take 1-2 years to really start getting traction.

4) Keyword research- Don't just write about whatever you want. Write about people are searching for in your niche.

Www.yoast.com/suggest is a great tool for the Alphabet soup method. Start with a fairly broad topic and work your way to a more specific topic. That's called finding long tail keywords, which are easier to rank for.

If you follow those tips, you should be fine.

I am going to be starting my own agency soon offering personal and commercial insurance products. Ive been doing a lot of research my self on websites and SEO and I cant seem to find a straight answer on the best way to even start building a website. There are so many platforms like Wix, Squarespace, and Wordpress. My questions is, what is the best platform to build a website on that is going to generate leads or should I hire a company to do it for me? Or is it even worth the time and money?

Any information would help. Thanks in advance!

@ChevyGuy - Do Not use Wix.
Build a Wordpress site with a domain name that you own. You do not need to house the domain name at the hosting company.
Choose a Hosting company very carefully.
Typically its best to hire someone for the initial build-out of the website.
For quoting platforms, life is simple: NinjaQuoter. But P&C is not nearly that straight forward.
All of this can be done sub $5,000. The only way to properly do this is to own the domain and the website yourself.

@marindependent Thanks for the advice! Due you know of anyone to recommend for the initial build-out of the website. Some people or very cheap ($500) While others are $10,000. How do I know if I am getting ripped off or not?

Back