Serving Clients and a Nugget of Gold...

Life Hawk

Guru
5000 Post Club
The day to day grind can wear us thin on people and the issues they present to us. Let's face it, we often, far too often, see them as an income stream as opposed to the people, the person, they really are. Amidst the clutter (mental and physical), smells, bed bugs, major family issues, bad life choices, etc., at the end of the day, they are or where still someone's baby. Real to the bone, past the COPD and IBS, just like the bald headed agent sitting across from them.

While servicing a client recently, or should I say servicing my client through his POA , I found gold. This is nothing new to me or those who have been in the profession for much time at all. However; I believe it is important to highlight this valuable aspect of being a reputable agent. Wrapping up a $13k+ week is always something to celebrate, but...

Now to the nugget of gold... you see the lesson that I learned was far above what I was paid to learn it. This particular client was been one of my top 20 most difficult clients of all time. I often have been tempted to fire him and his small minded, self-centered attitude, and I've fired many a client for less. His recent stroke has begun his slow fade into eternity. His 3 children have little to no contact with him and have not seen him for years, this is why I am dealing with his POA. Is this becoming a little clearer now.

The nugget of gold... love those around you, far better than you service your clients. Make priority now, the things that will be priority when you enter your own slow fade into eternity. This may be a wakeup call to some, to others just a reminder of the importance of what is really important.

Have a great rest of your week. :)

The day to day grind can wear us thin on people and the issues they present to us. Let's face it, we often, far too often, see them as an income stream as opposed to the people, the person, they really are. Amidst the clutter (mental and physical), smells, bed bugs, major family issues, bad life choices, etc., at the end of the day, they are or where still someone's baby. Real to the bone, past the COPD and IBS, just like the bald headed agent sitting across from them.

While servicing a client recently, or should I say servicing my client through his POA , I found gold. This is nothing new to me or those who have been in the profession for much time at all. However; I believe it is important to highlight this valuable aspect of being a reputable agent. Wrapping up a $13k+ week is always something to celebrate, but...

Now to the nugget of gold... you see the lesson that I learned was far above what I was paid to learn it. This particular client was been one of my top 20 most difficult clients of all time. I often have been tempted to fire him and his small minded, self-centered attitude, and I've fired many a client for less. His recent stroke has begun his slow fade into eternity. His 3 children have little to no contact with him and have not seen him for years, this is why I am dealing with his POA. Is this becoming a little clearer now.

The nugget of gold... love those around you, far better than you service your clients. Make priority now, the things that will be priority when you enter your own slow fade into eternity. This may be a wakeup call to some, to others just a reminder of the importance of what is really important.

What companies let you use a POA?

Thanks for the important reminder! Reminded me of one of my favorite country songs from the year I re-entered the insurance business for good (1990):

Back