Should Connecticut health insurance agents run scared?

Bob has graciously accepted my offer to help him with the site. I think we can squeeze more than a few dollars from it.

While Bob's arguably one of the most educated agents I've run across I do agree that his site is a turn-off. The skeleton is indeed a bit creepy and I can't imagine that conversion is maximized.

Hank's blog is one of the premier health insurance related blogs on the web. He is kind enough to allow me to participate in a project he started over 3 years ago.

InsureBlog is widely read and linked to by folks from inside and outside the industry. We have carriers, government agencies, medical providers and industry pundits who read our blog daily. My monthly news letter links back to specific articles and goes out to another 400+ clients and prospective clients.

We have tackled numerous topics, mostly focusing on health care and health insurance. We constantly tilt at windmills with our popular "Stupid Carrier Tricks" series as well as Hank's "MVNHS" series on the Brittain's NHS.

Several carriers, including CIGNA, HealthNet and Aetna have granted us access to their media representatives to tell their side of a public debate.

Both of us have penned articles on our personal triumphs and frustrations with the industry and with clients. We have coined phrases that have been picked up by other health care related blogs and pundits. Among those are stupid carrier tricks, phantom insurance and . . . bare bones insurance.

Our blog is very serious but we also have fun and try to make it entertaining as well.

Most of the time I believe we succeed.

The webblog awards and linkbacks are a testimony to the "work" we do.

Some articles are widely read and distributed and some become hotbeds for discssion. We have had a few articles generate over 100 comments which is exceptional for an industry blog.

I can't begin to tell you the number of folks who contact us on a regular basis because of the blog and related sites.

Alston is a very generous man and I plan on using his insight to perpetuate and improve my business.

Run scared?? LOL! THis might be the best thing that could have ever happened to us!!

1. IT will get people thinking about Health Insurance that don't normally do so as they are lured by the "affordable rates", etc.

2. These folk will call their service line (which seriously must be a candid camera skit is so horrific) and be so frightened they will run in the other direction, or;

they will read that ONE hospital has signed on and many others think the reimbursement rates suck and be worried about those concerns, or;

they will be informed by the service reps (doubtful) or more likely the internet/news or guys like me that it has an annual cap of $100,000, or;

realize they're about to go onto a Medicaid plan and feel pathetic and stupid, especially since it's NOT A FREE Medicaid plan, and it stinks, and then...

The plan will fail because it's already a disaster and we'll reap some of the rewards of that with spillover into plans we broker.

I played golf with the president of Anthem Individual Sales recently and he was as worried about the Charter Oak plan as he was about what club to use to sink a 6 foot putt. No worries, mate...

Back