One more piece.

Risk.
One couple is retired and traveling the country on their savings.
Another couple is homeless on SSI and foodstamps. Traveling the country because they have nowhere to live.

Equal risk? Should the premium be the same?

I would say appearances can be very deceiving. It is better not to judge others.

Lots of people with an RV have little money since they are spending or spent a lot of money on their rig as well as gas, maintenance, camp grounds, dump stations, propane, water fill ups, etc. Lots of them choose to boondock or urban camp at Walmart or free BLM lands. No one wants to pay campgrounds or RV parks or everyone would be going through their money fast, rich or poor.

Many RV'ers choose to supplement their incomes on YouTube and some make a living that way. Most carry expensive camera and other equipment like drones, DSLR's, wifi extenders, etc.

There is a huge untapped potential for insurers to pursue.

I would say appearances can be very deceiving. It is better not to judge others.

Lots of people with an RV have little money since they are spending or spent a lot of money on their rig as well as gas, maintenance, camp grounds, dump stations, propane, water fill ups, etc. Lots of them choose to boondock or urban camp at Walmart or free BLM lands. No one wants to pay campgrounds or RV parks or everyone would be going through their money fast, rich or poor.

Many RV'ers choose to supplement their incomes on YouTube and some make a living that way. Most carry expensive camera and other equipment like drones, DSLR's, wifi extenders, etc.

There is a huge untapped potential for insurers to pursue.

Cool. What is your answer? Are they equal risk of claim to you?

Cool. What is your answer? Are they equal risk of claim to you?

Well to me, I would never judge risk by age, occupation, credit score, home ownership, previous insurance, gender, marital status, or income. I don't believe in stereotyping people. Only on their individual histories of claims and past tickets, and also where they live and how much they drive.

Well to me, I would never judge risk by age, occupation, credit score, home ownership, previous insurance, gender, marital status, or income. I don't believe in stereotyping people. Only on their individual histories of claims and past tickets, and also where they live and how much they drive.
How do you feel about Transgenders? :confused:

Well to me, I would never judge risk by age, occupation, credit score, home ownership, previous insurance, gender, marital status, or income.

You probably wouldn't make a very good underwriter.

I don't believe in stereotyping people.

Technically it's discrimination; not sterotyping and perfectly legal.

Only on their individual histories of claims and past tickets, and also where they live and how much they drive.

How can you judge claim history while disregarding previous insurance?

Risk A: No prior insurance and no claims record
Risk B: 10 years continuous insurance and no claims record

Which is the better risk or are they the same?

How can you judge claim history while disregarding previous insurance?

Risk A: No prior insurance and no claims record
Risk B: 10 years continuous insurance and no claims record

Which is the better risk or are they the same?

I see where you're getting at FEX Quotes. But I view them as the same. If the person has no claims history, I can't assume they might have had one if they had insurance. I give them the benefit of the doubt until they prove me wrong. You can also look at their driving record, if they have one.

Well, I want to do it right! Thanks for your help. You tired, that is what counts.

So glad agents are helping you with your questions. Maybe you could explain why you posted this in another thread:

No, I am asking this on a public forum about auto insurance where some agents choose to post. It is questionable whether agents provide any benefit. Maybe that is why insurance rates are so high.

We have no value to you but you're ok asking us if we can help you for free. Says a lot about your ethics.

Rick

Latest posts

Back