Should Life Insurance Agents Become Financial Planners?

What about the insureme ads? I didnt expect to see the low quality lead provider being recommended there.

I don't remember those. It was mainly ads for his IMO. There may have been a few vendors.

Considering his whole method is anti-internet leads, I again see some dishonesty there. And that is regardless of the quality or lack of quality of insureme's leads.

emptyeternity said:
What about the insureme ads? I didnt expect to see the low quality lead provider being recommended there.

Did you check the date of the post for internet ads, I think they date back to 2005.

Which shows worse when you think about it (in a sicilian accent) with all do respect..

I guess I wouldn't see it that way. Rick knows that plenty of failed planners and others are determined to try or use internet leads. If he has the chance to make a buck why not even though he personally doesn't see them as something he would use.

I appreciate the story, I always wondered if he was a hardass in real life. What'S his handle on here?

So you got banished for that? Seems pretty efed up. I enjoyed reading all of the fours posting on it. Funny you would think that forum would be packed, but its so stale theres usually only 4 people on that forum at any given time, WHAT GIVES?

Did you learn alot there? Still working at a bank?

Yes, I learned a TON at TGP. Most notably, how to do good life insurance planning for business owners and how to solve for the 5-ways out of business. Two years ago, I took the online LUTCF class on business insurance hoping I could learn something. I didn't learn anything new because of the in-depth resources of TGP.

TGP also helped me to decide to obtain the ChFC designation and to find a way to drop my securities licenses as quickly as possible.

I'm not at a bank. I'm at Mutual of Omaha as a career agent... and I've got a solid mentor there to help me grow my business.

Yes, I learned a TON at TGP. Most notably, how to do good life insurance planning for business owners and how to solve for the 5-ways out of business. Two years ago, I took the online LUTCF class on business insurance hoping I could learn something. I didn't learn anything new because of the in-depth resources of TGP.

TGP also helped me to decide to obtain the ChFC designation and to find a way to drop my securities licenses as quickly as possible.

I'm not at a bank. I'm at Mutual of Omaha as a career agent... and I've got a solid mentor there to help me grow my business.

I think Rick and Topgunproducers has helped a lot of people.

Maybe I missed the discussion, but why would one need to get rid of their securities licenses as fast as possible, or at all for that matter?

agentjhc said:
Maybe I missed the discussion, but why would one need to get rid of their securities licenses as fast as possible, or at all for that matter?

Haven't dealt with the stifling atmosphere that is FINRA much have you. Also Securities is sold with blue sky what rosey and can happen on the positive while insurance is all about guarantees and what can happen on the bad side.

I've given up my securities license and focused on the insurance side and boosted my income.

Back