SIAA, Smart Choice or Iroquois Group

actually 10,000,000 is 8 figures...we do slightly over 7

and, i'll clear this up now....i don't give a rats a$$ what anyone on here thinks...we write over 500K in new biz with Erie alone....then we have five or six other commercial carriers that are writing a bunch for us

we tried smart choice because we were told that a direct appt wasn't available in our geographic area due to saturation....we later found out that was bs

and, i came on to make fun because i was bored:1tongue:

:D you got me. I didn't count the zeros. I was kinda being sarcastic. I sure as heck woulda called travelers before I called smart choice. that's what makes it hard to believe on top of you being so rude. you should be happy! lol. you could have just said you started with erie. no shame in that. they get 5 stars in every category from jd power in small biz insurance. wish they were in my state.

yep...i should apologize for that rudeness....it just seems to flow in these forums so i kinda got caught up in it

best of luck to you cluster guys

oh yeah...we also took iroquois group for a free ride for one year...another total waste of time

I love reading up on the "Bama" posts in the afternoon.

It always puts a smile on my face, and now that I know what his sign says... Man oh man! I slept good last night.

yep...i should apologize for that rudeness....it just seems to flow in these forums so i kinda got caught up in it

best of luck to you cluster guys

oh yeah...we also took iroquois group for a free ride for one year...another total waste of time
I'm not in a cluster, but don't have much of a choice. Cluster gets you for 30% on the back end and a wholesaler gets you for 30% on the front end in commissions either way. I have actually considered opening shop in Tennessee so I could contract with Erie. Glad you are rockin! Can't wait to get there.

----------

I love reading up on the "Bama" posts in the afternoon.

It always puts a smile on my face, and now that I know what his sign says... Man oh man! I slept good last night.
shawn, when you accused me of writing bad business because I wanted to be able to write with more than one carrier; it put a bad taste in my mouth. I would never contract with your cluster. there is no need to follow me around and say you want to talk.
while you were taking calls in the call center how did you screen for bad business to protect your carrier? have you ever inspected a property or business for liability exposures or potential hazards?

The commission through SIAA master agencies is not that bad. Did you ask them bama or assume it was 10%? The only thing I see wrong with Premier is ^ that guy. Plus they got Auto Owners. Since Auto Owners is so picky I wonder if you can really get them.
Shawn, can you give us a straight answer on that question or is it .007 James Bond "no" in a round about way?

I'm still talking with siaa, hand. If Premier would give me Auto Owners and fire Shawn, I would probably sign with them. Since that's not in the cards I may be siaa bound. I don't want to write home and auto and beg for contracts when I could be writing business.

----------

shawn, let me know if you plan on leaving anytime soon. :D

I'm still talking with siaa, hand. If Premier would give me Auto Owners and fire Shawn, I would probably sign with them. Since that's not in the cards I may be siaa bound. I don't want to write home and auto and beg for contracts when I could be writing business. ---------- shawn, let me know if you plan on leaving anytime soon. :D

Have you tried to reach out to AO directly? Like I mentioned earlier in this thread I would push the AO or Erie direct appointment before going with any kind of cluster

Ao said they want me to have a 300k indy book first. They do not want to be in an agency that has Erie, so I would have to choose. Ive heard a lot of positive things on here about Erie. Ive personally bumped into AO a lot in bama. They will write large accounts and restaurants were the only thing they were mediocre on.
Ao wants to grow out west and has signed with a couple clusters. I was trying to sneak in. Lol.

----------

You think I should send Ao a business plan anyway explaining that I have capitol and experience and am not going to fail?
Or maybe spell it right first? This spell check thinks it's got it under control. Lol

Back