SilverScript Med Supp???

I understand your concern, but I think agents need to know about DTC products that cut the agent out.
The timing on this seems a little funky.

I haven't seen anything on this yet. Including Westfall's video. But it's seems a little odd that they would yank Accendo and turn right around and add Silver.

Something's up.

Aetna will use Silver Script to convert/compete /steal Accendo block from agents.
The Accendo block is imploding premium wise. Couple discount of 14% was too generous. Aetna already writes Med Supp business in house direct to consumer. If they can cut 25%-30% (marketing organizations and agent commision) out of the equation an agent will find it extremely hard to roll the block of Accendo. Mr and Mrs Jones we received your cancelation request how would like to keep the exact same coverage and service at a greatly reduced premium. Hope I'm wrong.

I understand your concern, but I think agents need to know about DTC products that cut the agent out.

I think they should know about it too and be sure to never mention it.
I think you’re right and they will try to contact and switch their PDP clients. Thankfully I’m in an issue state and you’re not saving money by moving. Especially if they’re with UHC.

Aetna will use Silver Script to convert/compete /steal Accendo block from agents.
The Accendo block is imploding premium wise. Couple discount of 14% was too generous. Aetna already writes Med Supp business in house direct to consumer. If they can cut 25%-30% (marketing organizations and agent commision) out of the equation an agent will find it extremely hard to roll the block of Accendo. Mr and Mrs Jones we received your cancelation request how would like to keep the exact same coverage and service at a greatly reduced premium. Hope I'm wrong.

Makes sense but my thought process is they would go after low hanging fruit first and target IEP situations. Almost everything else would be underwritten which might complicate things when the carrier is trying to do this direct.

The SilverScript Insurance Co MedSupp appeared on the CSG platform in TN this morning and now it has disappeared! Someone at Aetna must be monitoring this thread and realized that we could see what they are up to with Direct to Consumer. :no:

The PDP quote engine I use also has Medigap rates . . . they are showing in TN at this moment. Good rates but not smoking the competition in the zip I used.

Got an email today from Union Security stating that they'll stop taking applications effective 6/1. Admin'd by Aetna. Yep. Some serious stuff going on.

Back