Smartphones For Insurance Business

A lotta truth in this statement...but the discussion isn't necessarily meant to find a phone that will make the sale but a device to make us, the insuance professional, as efficient as possible to make our lives easier.

I personally doubt any difference in phone models will make you any more efficient. In fact, depending on your disapline, it may make you more inefficient. I can check email on the go with my phone instead of only on my desktop as before. Convenient, sure, but I can't say it's made me more efficient.

Only one feature I can say actually has helped me in the field. If I have a meeting with a client and forget to run a prompting list before our meeting, I can quickly look up the names of the owners next door to feed a name or two before going into a meeting. If I do my job the night before, then it's a non-issue.

I personally doubt any difference in phone models will make you any more efficient. In fact, depending on your disapline, it may make you more inefficient. I can check email on the go with my phone instead of only on my desktop as before. Convenient, sure, but I can't say it's made me more efficient.

Only one feature I can say actually has helped me in the field. If I have a meeting with a client and forget to run a prompting list before our meeting, I can quickly look up the names of the owners next door to feed a name or two before going into a meeting. If I do my job the night before, then it's a non-issue.

You just proved my point.....look, I understand what you are saying. Technology, like anything else if used wrong or used to consume other things can be a bad thing and make you less productive.

But let's just assume we are all professionals here, which by the way, I think we are.....I know I've been a much more productive agent/business owner since I own my Blackberry because I choose to use the device to assist me in being better at my craft.

I just want to know if anyone has a better platform or better experience with a different device, specific apps, etc. that has helped them in this manner.

.............. I just want to know if anyone has a better platform or better experience with a different device, specific apps, etc. that has helped them in this manner.

I could care less what the phone is called , Black Berry, Iphone Droid etc...

Some of my criteria was.
Not AT&T, horrible coverage and customer service in my area and state.
Needed an "affordable" five line plan with unlimited text, unlimited mobile to mobile, unlimited data. (three teens:swoon:)
Navigation.
Large screen.
Changeable batteries. (2 for $10.)
Reliable fast internet.
push Email
Auto sync with outlook and Google apps.
Qwerty keyboard.

At the time the Evo was the only thing that fit the bill for me. $200. at Radio Shack

So like you said, really depends on your own needs.

I could care less what the phone is called , Black Berry, Iphone Droid etc...

Some of my criteria was.
Not AT&T, horrible coverage and customer service in my area and state.
Needed an "affordable" five line plan with unlimited text, unlimited mobile to mobile, unlimited data. (three teens:swoon:)
Navigation.
Large screen.
Changeable batteries. (2 for $10.)
Reliable fast internet.
push Email
Auto sync with outlook and Google apps.
Qwerty keyboard.

At the time the Evo was the only thing that fit the bill for me. $200. at Radio Shack

So like you said, really depends on your own needs.
Couldn't agree more...name of the device means little if it does me no good. The reason for the post was to see what is out there that could be benefial to insurance professionals. I just happen to use Blackberry so my knowledge of other platforms pales in comparison for the most part.

By the way, bless you with the 3 teens!

All the phones can do push email, you just have to know how to set them up to use email as exchange server, and host email through either a service that uses the capability or have your own exchange server. If you use gmail for your email, it'll work the same as the BB push does on any of the 3 main smartphone brands if you configure the email properly.

ANDROID!!!!!

BlackBerry is finished. Push email from the BES server is the only thing they have left and that is becoming less of a selling point.

If you go with Android study the capabilities and customize your phone to your own liking. If you are not interested in customization then go with BB or even an Iphone. WYSIWYG.

Gulliver

ANDROID!!!!!

BlackBerry is finished. Push email from the BES server is the only thing they have left and that is becoming less of a selling point.

If you go with Android study the capabilities and customize your phone to your own liking. If you are not interested in customization then go with BB or even an Iphone. WYSIWYG.

Gulliver

Like what?

Back