Smartphones For Insurance Business

Once again, Al felt compelled to respond. He decided to attack me for having the nerve to own a Mercedes on a phone thread. He decided to attack Bob for having the nerve to charge for his software.

And then he tells us how successful he is/was as a software developer.

I'm sure most, if not all of us, know that Al is only here to complain and attack. It's a great venue for him since this is his only hobby. Maybe if he had a client or two or even had a friend he'd find something else to do.

So Al, what happened to "I only have time to post on an occasional Sunday"?

Al will feel compelled to respond to this thread. It's interesting to note that Al never responds to a thread about insurance, unless there is a political statement to be made. His expertise is not insurance. Why he's on an insurance forum is something nobody will ever know.

We all await a response.

Rick

Last edited:
Back to the topic................

I have an iphone which works ok but am interested in getting the iPad to take out on appointments and the coffee shop (easier to work with than the laptop with prospects plus I can tap 3/4G instead of trying to find a hotspot or buying an air card). I can do it on the iphone but of course the display and all it just too small to be really useful (like any smart phone).

I am wondering two things:

1. What will be on the new iPad coming out that will make it the "better" buy than the current model (from a business standpoint)?

2. Since supposedly a new version is coming out in a couple of months, why are the prices on the current iPad not going down?

Why he's on an insurance forum is something nobody will ever know.

I'm here solely to irritate you.

It would be a greater pleasure but for the fact that so many others here irritate you just as much... VaDwane., Rob... just read the Fight Club to see then all.

We all await a response.

Happy now?

Al

Back to the topic................

I have an iphone which works ok but am interested in getting the iPad to take out on appointments and the coffee shop (easier to work with than the laptop with prospects plus I can tap 3/4G instead of trying to find a hotspot or buying an air card). I can do it on the iphone but of course the display and all it just too small to be really useful (like any smart phone).

I am wondering two things:

1. What will be on the new iPad coming out that will make it the "better" buy than the current model (from a business standpoint)?

2. Since supposedly a new version is coming out in a couple of months, why are the prices on the current iPad not going down?

I don't think the ipad2 will be much different. I do know it will have a USB port though to transfer data and such much easier.

I don't think the price has dropped on the original because the new one isn't officially announced yet and the first one is still a hot item.

dont forget these are apple products not windows, look on ebay for a used macbook pro, price is pretty close to pricing for a new model...

What phone you have makes virtually zero difference in the number of sales you'll make in the insurance business. As long as you get clear reception and can check voicemail, you're golden. So don't overthink it. No app will sell an insurance policy for you.

What phone you have makes virtually zero difference in the number of sales you'll make in the insurance business. As long as you get clear reception and can check voicemail, you're golden. So don't overthink it. No app will sell an insurance policy for you.

A lotta truth in this statement...but the discussion isn't necessarily meant to find a phone that will make the sale but a device to make us, the insuance professional, as efficient as possible to make our lives easier.

Back