Smartphones For Insurance Business

ANDROID!!!!!

BlackBerry is finished. Push email from the BES server is the only thing they have left and that is becoming less of a selling point.

If you go with Android study the capabilities and customize your phone to your own liking. If you are not interested in customization then go with BB or even an Iphone. WYSIWYG.

Gulliver

Ok, you like Android, now tell me why it is better than bb. Other than the browser speed, what benefits will it provide that are so much better?

Must haves:
Great email
2. Synch easily with my ACT contact database and calendar.
3. Synch with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and Word documents
4. Inflation calculators
5. White pages directory
6. GPS mapping
7. Voice recording
8. Voice dialing
9. Voice to text note taking
10. Bluetooth connection to car for handsfree calls AND music
11. Music
12. Good phone quality
13. Easy to find previous voice messages without listening to all saves voicemails
14. Ring Central application on phone
15. Excellent web browser.
16. Laptop tethering.

My iPhone 4 does all this well. Other phones probably do too but I have no reason to change because I have this one all figured out for what I use it for.

Must haves:
12. Good phone quality

My iPhone 4 does all this well. Other phones probably do too but I have no reason to change because I have this one all figured out for what I use it for.
I have never read a review of the iphone that lauded it's value as a phone. And with the whole iphone 4 death grip thing, I don't see anyone could see its phone capabilities as anything other than its weak link.

I have never read a review of the iphone that lauded it's value as a phone. And with the whole iphone 4 death grip thing, I don't see anyone could see its phone capabilities as anything other than its weak link.

You know what's funny is that I was in the Apple store a few weeks ago talking with a rep...after a lengthy conversation, he actually admitted that the iphone's weakness is the phone quality. Needless to say I was shocked, not that it is its weakness, but that the rep actually admitted this.

I may have low expectations. I haven't had any cell phone that compares well with a landline phone.
My iPhone is with AT&T and does as good as any cell phone I know of. It does fantastic when bluetooth connected to my Jeep.
I'm always open to improvement though. I would like a more perfect cell phone as much as anybody.

I may have low expectations. I haven't had any cell phone that compares well with a landline phone.
My iPhone is with AT&T and does as good as any cell phone I know of. It does fantastic when bluetooth connected to my Jeep.
I'm always open to improvement though. I would like a more perfect cell phone as much as anybody.

I honestly think a lot of it is AT&T....For years, when I talk on the phone with buddies, clients, colleagues, family, whoever that have AT&T it's always a less than desireable call. And it's not just with iphone users either. Probably why AT&T gets such terrible reviews all the time.

I found that the Android is best for me. It is a Google platform. It is very easy for Web and Email.

Actually I am waiting for Facebook to come out with their platform phone.

Kevin APinsurance

Most people on this forum are fairly smart.I am not too sure about the general public. How smart do you need to be to get a "smartphone"? There was no test given when I got my old cell-phone.I see people driving while talking or texting all the time.People take their smartphones everywhere they go:even to the bathroom.My regular old cell phone usually goes to voicemail.I guess I don't want to be too busy.

Most people on this forum are fairly smart.I am not too sure about the general public. How smart do you need to be to get a "smartphone"? There was no test given when I got my old cell-phone.I see people driving while talking or texting all the time.People take their smartphones everywhere they go:even to the bathroom.My regular old cell phone usually goes to voicemail.I guess I don't want to be too busy.

The idea behind the smartphone is, at least in my case, to make me much more efficient both professionally and personally. I love being able to play golf or be at my sons ball game and be able to respond to important emails. Closed many deals this way.

Back