SNL Not Drafting on the 1st Even with SS Billing Form!!!

Speck

Guru
100+ Post Club
Got really aggravated today when I received a call and email from SNL to let me know that one of my customers payment was NSF that I just wrote last month. I had filled out the SS Billing form to be drafted for the first of May, but since the 1st fell on a Sunday, it should have drafted on Friday instead. When I asked the person on the phone just when the account had been drafted, he said Monday the 2nd. I asked why it wasn't drafted on Friday since I had filled out the SS billing form, and he said, "Well if the 1st had fallen on a Saturday it would have probably been drafted on Friday, but since it fell on Sunday, then they just carried the draft over to Monday which was the 2nd." I asked him what good did it do to fill out the SS billing form if it didn't draft any earlier than the regular bank draft. He just apologized but acted like that was their policy. So they drafted on the second and it probably didn't hit my customer's account until the third, so I'm wondering just how many seniors that get paid on the 29th are going to still have money in their account on the 3rd?? What good does it do to get an extra 10% lead credit when the account doesn't draft on the right day and it ends up being a charge back??:mad:

I know from experience they do not have a true SS billing. If u are trying to beat them to the bank on the 1st and 3rd especially when it falls on the weekend and they need to draft on Friday I would say use FB and Trans.

With snl any draft day that falls on a Friday wether it be the 8,14 or whatever they don't draft till Monday. I don't understand the purpose of the SS form if they don't draft correctly for the 1st and 3rd dates? I no longer put any debit express or shaky 1st and 3rd drafts with Snl. You must deduct 20-30% from your comp because of their incompetent drafting

This was not direct express business....it was a checking account. I agree with Sammy. Does absolutely no good to have a SS billing form if they aren't going to bill it on the date the money comes in. I will start putting business elsewhere if that's how it's gonna be.

This was not direct express business....it was a checking account. I agree with Sammy. Does absolutely no good to have a SS billing form if they aren't going to bill it on the date the money comes in. I will start putting business elsewhere if that's how it's gonna be.

I know your pain. I went through that also. I have too many carriers to worry with whether it will be drafted correctly.

The question is if little Trinity can do it correctly why can't every company do it right? This is a huge boost in persistency if done right so I
d think every carrier would do it. What is involved to draft it right?Why does Trans take 2 weeks to set it up?

All you can do is guarantee the FIRST payment by notifying SNL first. When you have the same situation, call them and tell them to draft the FIRST payment on the Friday before/give them the date, then all other payments on the first of the month.

This will not save you from Deadbeats:no:

I have learned that when they do pull out the DE card, to go with Transamerica no matter what. It's their best chance of staying on the books here in Florida!

Back