So I hear Cigna is going to

yes mama-o I was provided this information from you and I used it to appear smarter than I am. not much different than the folks in DC.

I will go back to being normal dumb crazy guy. cht...

Be careful when you quote me, though. Sometimes I'm right, and sometimes..... I hate to admit it..... I'm wrong. And you, Mr. TaterPeeler, only ACT dumb. You're quick, clear-thinking, and can reduce the issues to the core relevant points very quickly!

I did tell you on the phone that I thought insurers that did not play in the exchange would be barred from re-entering the exchange for 3 years. But I cannot find that in the law. It's possible that was part of the Pelosi vs Repubs many variations of the bill before it became law... I'll look for documentation on that, and also on YAgents question. Let's see if I can restore my reputation for valuable content!

I thought insurers that did not play in the exchange would be barred from re-entering the exchange for 3 years.

I have heard/read the same thing. Can't say where it came from. Might have been from you . . . or tatertot.

he is all that and a bag of chips

389299134_8bfa4cd031.jpg

Back to the questions that YAgents and TaterPeeler asked me, I cannot find documentation for those 2 issues. After this much looking, I would assume that the issues are either not in the final law or else not in the forefront of the media and regulators at this time. The issues being questioned are whether insurers will be barred for 3 years from the exchange if they do not participate initially, and whether insurers MUST offer plans inside the exchange to also be allowed to offer plans outside the exchange. I know I've heard both issues discussed, but I cannot find a definitive answer. Maybe that's one of the next HHS/IRS/DOL/Game & Fish regulation to come out!

The HHS final regs on exchanges came out 3/12/2012 and it's 664 pages long! If anyone wants to read it and tell us if they found the answer, I'll give you a big bag of those famous TaterPeelerChips!

Last edited:
I am sure the carriers know the answer. Especially the ones that say they will not play in round one.

The HHS final regs on exchanges came out 3/12/2013 and it's 664 pages long! If anyone wants to read it and tell us if they found the answer, I'll give you a big bag of those famous TaterPeelerChips!

Care to tell us how you got an advance copy? Are you the Time Traveler's Wife?

Back