So I hear Cigna is going to

Re: So I hear Cigna is going to screw us out of a commision

Commissions on Guaranteed Issue Policies - State of Colorado

Effective immediately CIGNA will pay commissions in the state of Colorado on Individual & Family Plan

policies that cover one or more Guaranteed Issue customers. This statement reflects a change from the
original communication distributed on July 29, 2010.

Please refer to the CIGNA Individual Commission Sheet for the commission schedule in Colorado.

Yeah, hell yeah! Nothing's over until we decide it is.

Ha... I love it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What Cigna is doing is this... they found that no other insurance companies were able to fit profitability into offering GI coverage to children, so most of them are refusing to sell it whatsoever. This means there will be a shortage of providers offering children's coverage, so Cigna is taking advantage of this by offering GI coverage for children while removing agents comissions so they get an influx of profitable business. If Cigna is the only company around offering GI coverage for kids, they know everyone will hear about it through word of mouth and they will get all the business anyway without brokers. Plus, they will get business from agents who insure the rest of the family elsewhere for profit and help them enroll their GI kid as a courtesy to the customer. I would be concerned about unethical agents though who will unbundle family plans to prevent losing the entire commission, even though it will be in the negative interest of the customer. These types of scenarios always tempt agents to bring out the worst of themselves....

So, Cigna will get a foothold on the business and reap large profits by stealing that extra 10-20%. Bastard whores

What do you guys think, sound plausible?

Typical Cigna... and I think you hit the nail on the head with what they are going for.

Last edited:

Hi, I just joined this forum as I was searching for information on CIGNA not paying commissions on GI plans.

I just found out the hard way about this. I submitted two family plans ($1,500 a month total premium), each family has one child with Prexisting conditions otherwise not insurable.

I was expecting my commission only to find out they are not paying commission on any of the individuals on the plan. I guess I was not paying attention.

Anybody knows abouth what is happening in Florida regarding this? Isnt't this illegal.

Thks,

PCC.

Ha... I love it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Typical Cigna... and I think you hit the nail on the head with what they are going for.

No it is not illegal. They are doing this in every state.

I have one of those $0 comp plans on the books. Of course I did nothing to earn it so no big deal.

They adjusted their contracts to state that plans involving one or more members cannot pass standard UW will not be commissionable.

Therefore it's up to the agent to really dig in and do a thorough prescreen to determine if any applicant can't pass UW.

I think it's illegal. I think you should sue them. Of course, I also think you should do your research *before* submitting applications - to any carrier - but that's another story.

Let us know how the lawsuit pans out, 'k?

Hate to bring up old threads but I heard today that Cigna is done with the agent in 2014 for under 65 and will only sell direct. I guess this is probably what most of them may do in a year or two.

Cigna has been preaching a very PRO agent story. 1 month ago, they came out with an email stating that if your current client, buys on the exchange with Cigna, your broker number will map over.

Cigna will not participate in any exchanges. That means they are DOA for 2014

So, 3 different angles......where is everyone getting their info from? I have no Cigna contacts, so I'm going off the communications from them

Back