SOA to all carriers?

We used to have to submit them every time but in FL, I only know of Simply and Freedom that require it sent in now. But I rarely write them.

Get a good CRM that collects it digitally and you can save it to their server and/or download it for keeping. I use Radius Bob and I’ve still yet to see any CRM collect an SOA as easily at them.

If I get a paper SOA and I do an enrollment for ABC supplement plan and XYZ drug company…do I submit the SOA to both carriers? Or can I send it to just one?
supplements don't require an SOA.

but every carrier has a different requirement whether or not they want a copy of the SOA.
Generally speaking:

UHC - does not require a copy
Humana - does not require a copy
Aetna - wants the copy

keep the SOA for your records.

Incorrect. UHC had a dedicated SOA-Only fax line back in 2014-ish. Aetna and Humana had something similar but I don't recall the details.
the submission is voluntary, if you want assistance in keeping the records. I haven't given a copy of my UHC SOAs in years

Generally speaking:

UHC - does not require a copy
Humana - does not require a copy
Aetna - wants the copy

keep the SOA for your records.
I haven't sent one to Aetna - didn't know they wanted a copy... They never came back requesting one.

I should have said since I started in Medicare 3 1/2 yrs ago it hasn’t been required . My friend who’s had a few complaints over the last 10 yrs was telling me even when you do the eapp with the soa on the carrier app they still ask you to provide the soa copy to them . It’s like they don’t know you have it

I haven't sent one to Aetna - didn't know they wanted a copy... They never came back requesting one.
That’s not correct . In Aetnas literature they say they want one . On Connecture you simply state you have your own paper copy and I’ve never had an issue

oh, maybe they don't?
I just know thats what my notes say, because when I got contracted with them, I must have read/been told that it was needed with the application. So I always fax it in with the app.

It seems most companies don't care about it, its just for your records. Although a few small companies in Florida, like Freedom/Optimum will actually hound you down if you don't include it with the application.

Latest posts

Back