Some banks now depositing SS checks 2 days early

inreverse

Guru
100+ Post Club
MN
Huntington Bank is now depositing Wednesday deposits on Mondays as a service to its checking customers

Huntington Bank is now depositing Wednesday deposits on Mondays as a service to its checking customers
Oh great! That will screw up the people who wipe their accounts clean.
Is there a link to a an announcement? Is it only that one bank?

Oh great! That will screw up the people who wipe their accounts clean.
Is there a link to a an announcement? Is it only that one bank?

Rousemark posted about this with his check x weeks/months back. His financial institution was actually making the funds available on Monday. Mine (at least at that time, have not checked since) was showing the deposit as pending but not making funds available until the proper day.

Rousemark posted about this with his check x weeks/months back. His financial institution was actually making the funds available on Monday. Mine (at least at that time, have not checked since) was showing the deposit as pending but not making funds available until the proper day.
The ones that make it available early are going to have a LOT of bounced insurance drafts.

They are still doing it. Mine and my daughter's are avaiable on Monday before the second Wednesday and my wife's is available on the Monday before the fourth Wednesday. Doesn't bother me but those of you that have clients that take all their money on deposit day it could creare a problem.

Banks have always gotten SS deposits a few days early. Most FE agents have seen that on some of the cards people get deposits on getting their SS money early.

Seems some banks are now allowing early access to the money they are already holding.

DE is still not allowing early access.

saw this on my dads account this month. Appears they are advancing the money if the account involve meets the stipulations. I wonder if low balance accounts or those without email onfile, etc are not eligible

upload_2021-11-18_16-40-40.png

Back