Sources of Internet MediGap Leads

Okay, Okay!

I am not condemning Kyle's method. I am just trying to warn everyone to look before they leap. It is meant to help, including Kyle.

As far as compliance being only required of MA plans, I should think that if one keeps his guidelines focused on the more narrow rules for MA plans, he/she will not slip up whether selling Med/Sups or both. I think you will agree that if you relax your guard when marketing med sups and then have an occasion to present an MA plan, you will fall victim to your own neglect.

I worked in an industry for over 33 years dealing with strict government regs. My company had more restrictive rules than the government just so that we would not get in a bind with government compliance issues. I think that is a good strategy.

Retread,

That is good advice for someone who is new to working in the senior market. However, for agents who have been in the business for several years it is commonly known what the requirements are for MA plans as opposed to Med Supp policies. It is the "new kids" on the block that need to heed your advice.

I can guarantee you that if you apply MA guidelines to selling Med Supp policies you will find that Med Supp policies will be extremely difficult to sell.

I admire your strong ethics and that you are carrying them into selling insurance but you will need to become just as familiar with all of the rules and regs of selling the different senior products, just as you were with the rules and regs in your former position.

Having only half of the information it not going to enable you to be successful. You must do all of the research and throughly understand that there are different rules and regs depending on the product you are selling.

I have talked to Kyle and I'd write E&O coverage on him any day of the week.

Yes, I know. But it is all in the attitude expressed. I realize it is very difficult at times to convey an attitude of helpful concern without being taken as a overbearing critic, but there are times when it is obvious as the hands on a clock! I try to step back and view my posts so that I don't offend. If I have failed to do that, I apologize.

Retread,

Helping someone does not offend and if it does then they probably are beyond help.

You of all people should not worry about offending people. Your posts are very thoughtful and well presented. There is an inherent danger in typing a response as opposed to actually talking to the person. Sometimes without even knowing it a post will come across not as the author intended it to. I'm sure in every post the author understands exactly what they are trying to say.

I think, for the most part, those posting here do understand that sometimes we all don't mean exactly, word for word, what we have written. It's called "kind of getting carried away" and then not taking the time to analyze, word for word, what we have said before we hit the Submit Reply button.

Retread,

Helping someone does not offend and if it does then they probably are beyond help.

You of all people should not worry about offending people. Your posts are very thoughtful and well presented. There is an inherent danger in typing a response as opposed to actually talking to the person. Sometimes without even knowing it a post will come across not as the author intended it to. I'm sure in every post the author understands exactly what they are trying to say.

I think, for the most part, those posting here do understand that sometimes we all don't mean exactly, word for word, what we have written. It's called "kind of getting carried away" and then not taking the time to analyze, word for word, what we have said before we hit the Submit Reply button.

Ya -- what he said ;)

Yeah but can you do it for $30 a month? :twitchy:

Thanks...

Actually I will do it for $10 per month. If you ever have occasion to use it be sure to send me all the information no later than the last day of last month to have your coverage apply.:D

Only those agents who throughly understand everything they are selling, accurately explaining all of the details the policy covers and does not cover to prospects, and not misrepresenting the policies or the coverage those policies provide should even remotely feel comfortable with a $25,000 deductible on their E&O coverage. The operative word there is "remotely".

My comment wasn't intended for posts that misrepresent factual information, but only for misunderstanding a statement that may sound sarcastic to a reader but not to the author when originally posted. There is a huge difference between the two.

That is what I said.

Back