SS billing has lost its effectiveness. People getting paid early now

DonP

Guru
1000 Post Club
So I had a cica direct express that I needed 2 payments from . Money comes on 3rd ss . Should come tommorrow ( 3rd on sat ) . They told me yesterday it would be in today . Sure enough both went through as I manually drafted . I’m noticing many bank accounts doing that as well . Wells Fargo deposits 2 days ahead . No question still better than no ss billing . But much less of sure thing than years ago it

@rousemark and I had a discussion about that some months ago, probably in the senior forum.

Some financial institutions appear to be passing on the Social Security payments when they receive them from the government rather than waiting until the actual government pay schedule date.

If the government really cared they would stop monthly deposits and go to daily deposits. That way the money would last all month. 😝

Insurance companies too! Monthly premiums are burdensome and created by Big Insurance just to keep the little guy down. No reason they can’t draft daily in smaller amounts to help us little guys out.

Discuss amongst yourselves.

So I had a cica direct express that I needed 2 payments from . Money comes on 3rd ss . Should come tommorrow ( 3rd on sat ) . They told me yesterday it would be in today . Sure enough both went through as I manually drafted . I’m noticing many bank accounts doing that as well . Wells Fargo deposits 2 days ahead . No question still better than no ss billing . But much less of sure thing than years ago it
SS has always been paid early. It was a well kept secret between the banks and SS. Several years ago some of the bottom tier cards started letting people have access a couple days early, CashApp, NetSpend, Green Dot, Chime, etc.

Now many banks have jumped on it and even advertise that you can get your money early.

I've never been to worry about draft dates anyway. But if someone was a worrier this gives then one more worry. :1wink:

But it's not news. I've had clients getting their money early for more than 5 years.

SS has always been paid early. It was a well kept secret between the banks and SS. Several years ago some of the bottom tier cards started letting people have access a couple days early, CashApp, NetSpend, Green Dot, Chime, etc.

Now many banks have jumped on it and even advertise that you can get your money early.

I've never been to worry about draft dates anyway. But if someone was a worrier this gives then one more worry. :1wink:

But it's not news. I've had clients getting their money early for more than 5 years.
It’s a worry with direct express cards . Matter of fact the lady called me a little while ago to make sure her money taken . She checked and has $3 in there . I asked did you get up at 1 am and withdraw the money accept for the 2 premiums ? She did and paid back bills . The premiums $107 a month so worth it ti mess with

It’s a worry with direct express cards . Matter of fact the lady called me a little while ago to make sure her money taken . She checked and has $3 in there . I asked did you get up at 1 am and withdraw the money accept for the 2 premiums ? She did and paid back bills . The premiums $107 a month so worth it ti mess with
I agree it's important for DE business. But DE is not getting paid early. So, if they are going to leave the money on there they aren't going to leave the money on there.

Back