Rna has new fe coming out

DonP

Guru
1000 Post Club
It’s going to be be either level, graded or Gi. That tells me one thing .Many more things like insulin/neuropathy will probably be graded now . The level will be stricter underwriting with lower rates . I’m sure claims hit rna hard the last few yrs with lax underwriting. Agents threw a lot of junk there way .

How many times have we seen this story? They come and go. It is so easy to boost your earnings in the short term in this business. Auditors or regulators dont know how to respond and ask critical questions.

It has nothing to do with underwriting. RNA has been pushed out of the business on price. They are trying to regain market share. Mainly being pushed for call centers to have a lower rate.

I hope it works out but I've seen this movie. I know the ending.

It has nothing to do with underwriting. RNA has been pushed out of the business on price. They are trying to regain market share. Mainly being pushed for call centers to have a lower rate.

I hope it works out but I've seen this movie. I know the ending.

So are you saying they will still have the same easy underwriting for level with lower rates ? Their only worth was fatty with diabetes / neuropathy and heavy heart meds . If that goes away there worthless unless they plan on lowering rates 30% with 1/2 decent underwriting.

So are you saying they will still have the same easy underwriting for level with lower rates ? Their only worth was fatty with diabetes / neuropathy and heavy heart meds . If that goes away there worthless unless they plan on lowering rates 30% with 1/2 decent underwriting.

No. I’m sure the underwriting will be tougher on the lower priced tier.

But their underwriting is not all that special now.

Maybe in states that don’t have better options?

I haven’t written an RNA in over 6 years. No need for them.

If they come out with good rates they might be viable again.

I was told that they will have the exact same product they have now but with an added Prefered tier that will have around 10% lower rates than the current level but with additional underwriting questions.

It’s been about six months ago so could be wrong. But the start date was always predicted as Jan 1st 2024.

I was told that they will have the exact same product they have now but with an added Prefered tier that will have around 10% lower rates than the current level but with additional underwriting questions.

It’s been about six months ago so could be wrong. But the start date was always predicted as Jan 1st 2024.

10% won't put them in the game.

Newby is correct. We were shown the product at a recent meeting and had a broker on the advisory team. Preferred will be one of the most competitive available, Standard remains the same and is available for diabetics with no H/W (no change to existing UW). Graded returns in all states and there will be GI as well.

Newby is correct. We were shown the product at a recent meeting and had a broker on the advisory team. Preferred will be one of the most competitive available, Standard remains the same and is available for diabetics with no H/W (no change to existing UW). Graded returns in all states and there will be GI as well.

It won't be competitive if they only reduce the premiums 10%. It will put them right around trans's rates on non smokers. And around Aetna's rates on smokers.

That's for people over 60. Under 60 they won't be close to anyone.

But you got me with "advisory team". :arghh:

Last edited:
It remains to be seen if it will be really competitive at the preferred level but it sounds like very positive moves. Keep what they have PLUS add a cheaper level and a GI level. Could make the product very usable for a lot of agents. I like it.

Back