Starting in small business group health

Just a thought,

Many states have a workers compensation rating bureau which has a website that lists all the employers work comp policies/payroll and the anniversary date. I used this exclusively many years ago to pre qualify and prospect for group health based on size of payroll.

I don't know where to begin... what state or states? I think each state has unique issues and markets...

I am in New Jersey.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Just a thought,

Many states have a workers compensation rating bureau which has a website that lists all the employers work comp policies/payroll and the anniversary date. I used this exclusively many years ago to pre qualify and prospect for group health based on size of payroll.

I will check this out to see if New Jersey is one of the states that has this information available online. Thank you.

Last edited:
I would find a local producer who specializes in this area and you bird dog for prospects, then bring in the experienced producer to close the business. Stay involved during the entire process and soak up as much as you can. This is how I learned and I have absolutely no regrets.

If you don't know of a local producer, you may want to find your local NAHU chapter (www.nahu.org), call them up and explain what you want to do, and they will more than likely help you make a connection.

When you say "exploring", what do you specifically mean?

It means that I am trying to formulate a battle plan to see if I want to dive into this with a full head of steam or just see what I can drum up while I am spending more of my time on other products.

What else could exploring mean in relation to this context?

Back