Starting Own Agency

The whole point of working for an agency is support. If you don't get that, go somewhere else or work for yourself. Do you have enough of a grasp to be out on your own for the odd balls? Did this agent train you as a new agent while you were going 50/50? Think of it like tuition if that is the case.

You might be ready to leave now but if you couldn't get to that point without the agent then you aren't being screwed. It is just the cost of admission to get into this game...

And if you aren't ready to leave yet, possibly ask for more pay. But make sure that you know enough to be helpful to clients. I suck at FE but I know who to talk to about it. Make sure you can say something similar.

The whole point of working for an agency is support. If you don't get that, go somewhere else or work for yourself. Do you have enough of a grasp to be out on your own for the odd balls? Did this agent train you as a new agent while you were going 50/50? Think of it like tuition if that is the case.

You might be ready to leave now but if you couldn't get to that point without the agent then you aren't being screwed. It is just the cost of admission to get into this game...

And if you aren't ready to leave yet, possibly ask for more pay. But make sure that you know enough to be helpful to clients. I suck at FE but I know who to talk to about it. Make sure you can say something similar.

I have a strong grasp on most of the concepts I am providing to clients. The last 3 deals I have done he hasn't met with any of the clients and I really did not ask for advice. Also, it seems for any questions that I have he needs to call the FMO anyway so I can easily do that myself. I have no problem splitting commisions if there is support from the agency. But I really do not feel there is enough to support. Additionally, I do not care for his approach and several of my clients told me they did not care for him ethier and chose not to do business with me because of this. They use a lot of fear and leading questions which makes many people uncomfortable.

Funny, Agent equity says I need help, but he is the one of three failed insurance agencies........

Back