Starting tomorrow - Going to run AFLAC out of town!

I appreciate your insight Ben although it's very vague. Your right in that there are a ton of employers right now who are focused more on keeping their doors open rather then worrying about their employees receiving benefits.

I myself am a one stop shop covering everything from Major Medical to the voluntary end to P&C on down the line to payroll. So realistically I can provide a solution to any/every company but from my short lived experience not every businesses owner or HR person has the time to look at solutions. That's not to say they're not actually interested in a possible solution but it's hard to convince every person you talk to to listen and learn how I can help.

Your making it sound like every door I walk through should be a sale when I've heard others on here say it's a numbers game. By all means if you have solutions for me please share and thanks you!

I appreciate your insight Ben although it's very vague. Your right in that there are a ton of employers right now who are focused more on keeping their doors open rather then worrying about their employees receiving benefits.

I myself am a one stop shop covering everything from Major Medical to the voluntary end to P&C on down the line to payroll. So realistically I can provide a solution to any/every company but from my short lived experience not every businesses owner or HR person has the time to look at solutions. That's not to say they're not actually interested in a possible solution but it's hard to convince every person you talk to to listen and learn how I can help.

Your making it sound like every door I walk through should be a sale when I've heard others on here say it's a numbers game. By all means if you have solutions for me please share and thanks you!

They have time to look at solutions. This is all you should be talking about. Nothing else. Just happens that some of your solutions are your products.
Look at it this way, business is bad. You have only two options. make more money or spend less. how much does a business have to earn to make $1.00. The dollar that they have to spend to keep the doors open. Now, how much does it cost to save $1.00.
They have time, they will listen, its all about how you position yourself.

going in striclty to save money, they hear it all the time. It has already been said, sell price and you are out the door when the next lower price comes in.

Sell solutions and you made a friend.

Hi Guys,

I am new to the insurance business but not to business. I had a publishing company for 30 years and sold it to a larger publishing house over a year ago.

Here's how I handled every salesman who called or walked through the door. I told them exactly what I was buying and what my expectations were. I also told them that I had no interest in changing who I was purchasing from unless they brought something to the table that I wasn't currently getting. That may be saving me money or providing more service.
The only reason to even consider a matching bid from another supplier was to use that supplier as a secondary source in the event that my current supplier had a major production problem.

As for insurance, I took bids from everybody who wanted to
submit one on October 1st every year. FYI.. I worked with 3
different agencies in a 30 year period.

In closing, any time I caught a salesman trying so sell my
employees a non work related item, I asked that salesman
to reimburse me for the salary that I paid that person while
he was keeping them from their job. (We had people drop in selling everything from bulk meat to jewelry.)

OMG! Aside from price, product or advertising, how often do you here people say "AFLAC paid me when......" If you havent heard @ least 10 people start a sentence off with those wordsthis week, then you have'nt talked to ohhh, say 40 people. AFLAC PAYS!

yes...pays the client well....pays the foot soldier - the agent very low...Usually great agents to recruit

have you had any luck in running AFLAC out of town and if so what has worked the best? I'm covered up in AFLAC and these ducks are not wanting to fly....

Why go after AFLAC accounts? Why not just go out there and work. You will bag an occasional duck. But there are companies out there that don't have anything and if you beat the duck there you don't have to fight him for it.

how did you do in running AFLAC out of town?? they are also very saturated in my area, any ideas are welcomed...

mbell

Back