Startup P&C Agency Needs Direction

Yeah. It is everybodies dream to open there own agency one day. The key is finding a good agency that will train you as well as support you to meet your goals in the future. Some agencies will want to own the book of business and give you poor payouts. I am not a huge fan of these online brokers at all because they give you no support as well as no binding authority (majority I have seen). Do you have any p&c insurance experience at all?

GETTING newly licensed in july.Owned private business that I started from scratch 20yrs ago,sold to a much larger concern profitably.I believe I am astute in building a new business and the IA Model makes complete sense.The captive situation is a good training ground-but you own nothing.Prepared to put in long hours for yearly residuals in the next 36 months..

Here's a great book on how to build an insurance agency. It's called "How I Built A $37 Million Insurance Agency In Less Than 7 Years" by Darren Sugiyama. You can find it on Amazon. Just search the title and author. Hope this helps.

I like how there are 6x glowing 5-star reviews all done in the same week in 2011 and then NOTHING afterwards. Also how all of the 6 people either have ONE review or TWO, and for the people with two the two books are both written by Darren.

I think I might pass, if you're going to market then go out and market a book. People read between the lines when a book that has never been mentioned before on the forums shows up with 6 reviews in a week that only seem to like Darren but do NOTHING with other books like The Wedge.

Dunno, I didn't have coffee this morning and I might be in an ornery mood.

Back