State Farm Offer

Re: State Farm Offer.

More and More 2004 and 2005 agents are dropping like flies. I have talked to several this week that are on the brink of bankruptcy and being out of agency. One said he had about $200 left on one credit card the last one that he had left that was not maxed out. Agents are getting NO support from leadership just the old line of "sell more" .These agents are so far in debt many of them have no other future than bankruptcy. The AA05 contract has lead to bankruptcies and divorces as money or the lack of causes a lot of stress on a marriage. Why have they treated us this way? Are we simply disposable to them ?

New agents have a better deal (first 2 years) and older agents have a better deal, but '04 & '05 agents are left out in the cold.

Another agent I met that started in 2004 just left the company this agent basically said that they are leaving due to lack of continuing financial resources that the AA05 contract affords them. Again here is where they raised our expenses and lowered our commissions and wonder why 2004 and 2005 agents are dropping like flies.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Okay I'll bite, how long was the previous agent there? Did you get a book of business or start scratch "new market" That is an awful term as the market is not new its just an agency with no or little book of policyholders. Did you inherit the staff or hire your own? Did you retain the previous location and did you buy the building or sign a long term lease ? Did you purchase a new furniture package from them ? How many staff will you have and will you have to help support a family? Are you married, happily married ? Maybe that is a little personal but in 10 months you will know why I asked. Okay lets see if this is a real agent, an AFE, a recruiter or someone at corporate ?

helllo all. new agent with the company. i will be happy to answer any questions that i can to contribute to the discussion

Last edited:
Question...

I am currently an approved candidate and have enjoyed the process thus far. Since becoming approve about 2 months ago I have suffered some negative credit issues due to the recent financial fall-out. Does anyone know if credit is an issue later in the process. Does SF look at credit again after the initial check and background? Or is my concern at this point about just securing a business lease once I am approved for a location.

I will be an issue, because it will hamper your ability to get the 80-100k in loans you will need in the next 3 years to stay in business.

Read both threads in this forum fully.

when you say "final offer" is this prior to starting training? I figured since my credit and background were done earlier this year, that my only concern would be with respect to my ease or difficulty to sign a lease, which I have heard that SF does not get involved in...

when you say "final offer" is this prior to starting training? I figured since my credit and background were done earlier this year, that my only concern would be with respect to my ease or difficulty to sign a lease, which I have heard that SF does not get involved in...

For someone that is an approved candidate and about to make a lifelong career decision, it seems that you haven't done all your research. Can't you just ask them about the credit issue? If you can't get a lease, they aren't going to hire you.

thanks greenman... My thought was with respect to credit would be soley about the lease... Background is not an issue. I just don't want to start with SF and then because of something like credit be told "bye-bye"

Back