State Farm Offer

Re: State Farm Offer.

My State Farm experience is amazingly like Goodfellas.

Getting your contract is like becoming a made man. It is 10 times harder to be a made man unless you come from "the family".

I became a made man last November but I was scratch so I am still a poor made man but at least I have respect from the street and the TICA's have to kiss my ring.

Until you get your contract you can be whacked at any time and anybody can F with you.

You have to do what you have to to survive until you are a made man including borrowing from loan sharks (lines of credit) or even become a rat. Sometimes like witness protection you get moved around or "migrate".

When you go into leadership, it is like going to jail. You will deffinitely become someone's b_tch. When you can no longer take the heat on the streets for a while you lay low for a few years and eat steak and lobster. You do your time and reemerge with a bigger book if you behaved in the clink.

The zones are like the different crime families and the VPA's are like underworld bosses, your AFC/AFE are like low-level enforcers. AFS is like a local bookmaker/hitman jack of all trades. The agents are like local pimps, the team members are your street level dealers and whores and the existing book are your users and Johns.

I could go on and on but its 11:30 and I gotta pimp some life insurance on Saturday AM. A jumbo ($1mil pnx term) but we mostly sell nickle bags (5 yr term).

I think Greenman is 1/2 Irish (allstate agent) so he will never be a made man. If he is lucky his mother can give him an open casket (actually stay in the business).

Hilliarious! :D:D

NICE!

I see you too hit Super Genius status Greenboy. Your alright Spider!

The only reason you got the AAO5 first is because of what you did in the mens room with your AFE to get your contract.

For your info I never went 80 app way I rolled level 2 my first year because that is who I am, the 80 appers are flash in the pan nothing that usually never travel again once they get the contract. Sound like someone we know who's intiitals are GREENBOY?

Hey Greenman and SFTICA, you both seem like idiots. Certainly not the traditional classy SF agent type. Oh well, they have said that SF is accepting about anyone these days.

I'f you want classy, I can spare some Grey Poupon.

If you want the truth about how State Farm treats scratch agents read Geenboy and my posts.

I've read your posts and I'm also a SF agent. I also have several friends with your contract. None of them act like the two of you, although I'm sure your situation isn't the best. I'm sure SF screws people accidentally from time to time. Maybe that is you guys. However, after reading your posts, you both seem like two little pre-schoolers who have gotten their feelings hurt.

Sure, this forum is great for venting. However, you are simply make yourself look like idiots and leaving the rest of us to wonder if the problems you are having aren't brought on by yourselves. I don't see to many independents agents on this site crying about how crappy their jobs are.

Just my opinion, which I know means nothing, but I like to hear myself talk anyways :D:D
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Fastrack1

We're blowin' steam. Um, for future reference, that's one of the purposes these boards serve. Wow, I feel kind of bad that I have to explain that to someone with the mental capacity to log on to a computer.
[/I]

Actually, the purpose of these boards is to share ideas and better develop ourselves. I understand though that the boards don't normally serve that purpose anymore and there is alot of crap here, some of which I have happily participated in.
Fastrack1
You come by either one of our offices and I guarantee you that we will outclass any independent or other captive on this board.
[/I]

That is really going to earn you some brownie points with the independents. I also doubt that is fully true. I know alot of independents with great operations.
Fastrack1

You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little fucked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?

This is exactly why I think you don't have any class. It's one thing to drop the f-bomb when your drinking with your buddies. It's another thing to use it on a professional insurance board. Maybe you aren't doing to well because your customers don't like it when you ask "hey, you want to buy some f***ing life insurance?" :D:D:D

Last edited:
Obviously Fastrack1 has inherited a large book from his pappy and never seen Goodfellas and or he would have a clue as to what we are talking about.

Maybe you can still "path back" to your SFPP or claims team manager job.

Wrong on all counts. I have no family members that work for State Farm. I worked for an agent and was hired as an agent from there. I also didn't inherit a big book and struggle to grow my business everyday. I have nothing to path back to.

Just because the f-bomb is dropped in Goodfellas doesn't mean that you post it. I'm bright enough to realize that it was a quote. Still highly unprofessional. Just my opinion, but you guys don't come across as very impressive and seem to whine alot. Nothing personal, just observations.

Ahh yes, in a lot of ways, this is a good 'popcorn' thread :)

I almost went to work for State Farm (okay, they threw me back pretty early in the process), and after learning more about other companies, was glad I didn't, though I do respect them in a lot of ways, and am jealous of certain aspects of being a state farm agent.

Whats interesting to me is I don't think there is that much difference between starting a State Farm agency vs starting any other agency (on the P&C side). Lots of overhead, lots of rules, lots of things you should be doing but don't have the money for, lots of bosses telling you to do something more..... Lots of bills piling up.

Bottom line is I think State Farm is a class act. They may have gotten a contract wrong (which is the contract I would have been under), but I do think they care about their insureds, they have great agents, and do business above board.

All agents need to vent from time to time. I've been fairly successful in my time as a P&C agent, but there are months (like September) when I was ready to walk out the front door and never return. This is happening less and less, but it does still come up.

Now, back to the popcorn.... continue the venting!!!!

State Farm changed the contract and the candidate base hasn't yet caught on to what they are signing up on. Agent candidates look at all of the money and prestige that agents under previous contracts had. They know that SF has been considered the pinnacle of a captive P&C career and they dive in. After they are on board the reality of the contract hits. One thing I can guarantee is that anyone who has read the threads on this forum looks at the opportunity totally different. Based upon what I know I would not sign up under the current contract. The same amount of money and effort invested as an indy would probability yield more lucrative results with less stress.

By the looks of it, it sounds like SF is a bit rough. Any more thoughts on that American Family posting I made in the PC forum? Would they be any different to work with? Just curious if it all might be the same. Thanks for any helpful input.

I have been an SF agent for about 10 yrs. Adding new contract agents will have no affect on me. Most are failing anyhow.

The only reason, I speak up is that it I feel its unethical, what the company has told these guys. It is bad for them, and the turnover is bad for our clients.

A flood of desperate new Tica's selling any and everything possible is not good. When you are over 50k in debt and need to sell to keep your job, dont tell me you are always selling based on the best needs of your client.

That environment, breeds unethical behavior.

Being 4+ years in, I love it. I'm going to make it. And each and every day I know that I built this - it didn't come gift wrapped. And that, fastrack, my friend, is something you will never be able to say.

Are you kidding me? I didn't receive any big assignment. I'm under the AA97 contract thank goodness, but I've worked very hard to get where I'm at and am still not satisfied with income level, etc yet. I've arrived by no means.

I at least appreciate your positive attitude. I believe you will make it and I think when you look back you will be glad you made the choices you did, even though SF has made big mistakes with this new contract.

Back