Still no word on 2009 MA commissions

I wonder now that we are approaching the 12th hour if CMS hasn't finalized commisions by the 15th that 2008 commisions will stay in effect?

I have received "inside" information and it appears that we will receive commissions at either the same level for 2006 or an average of 2006-2007. However, CMS must approved every company's commisison. They will do this by the 14th.

All commissions paid for 2008 for members currently in the MA "system" will be at the renewal level. (This is NOT a change from their previous guidance).

If a carrier's commisison is not approved by CMS, then they many not use independent agents for 2008. This does not affect their captive agents. (Someone smell Humana here?)

I got this from a very reliable source who was informed by a representative that listened in on the phone call from CMS to the carriers.

This is MY best guess for 2008. New $300-350; renewal $150-175. There was nothing indicating if we would receive a "step up" in our current renewals.

Rick

Rick you where spot on!

So, are your going to work for $10 - 14 per month per member per new plan "churned"?

I have received "inside" information and it appears that we will receive commissions at either the same level for 2006 or an average of 2006-2007. However, CMS must approved every company's commisison. They will do this by the 14th.

All commissions paid for 2008 for members currently in the MA "system" will be at the renewal level. (This is NOT a change from their previous guidance).

If a carrier's commisison is not approved by CMS, then they many not use independent agents for 2008. This does not affect their captive agents. (Someone smell Humana here?)

I got this from a very reliable source who was informed by a representative that listened in on the phone call from CMS to the carriers.

This is MY best guess for 2008. New $300-350; renewal $150-175. There was nothing indicating if we would receive a "step up" in our current renewals.

Rick

Rick, certainly you mean 2009, don't you?

It would really be a dirty trick if they made it retroactive to 2008 enrollments! Yes, I meant 2009.

Rick

We are F*CK*D! Screwed is putting it lightly. I spend as much time now as I ever did with my clients. I sure liked the way that captive agents were protected in this piece of crap! Looks like CMS really doesn't care a bit about Medicare beneficiary's! I wonder how much Humana paid Weems to push this through! Ahole!

Take the money from the agents who do the work and give it to the companies.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I need more than a drink right now!

I barely touched the MA market and now I'm SOOOO glad.

Any guess what the AdvantraRx commissions will be for the PDP's?

It real nice that they did this the same season that the carrier (Humana) that 90% of my supp clients are on for their PDP almost doubled the premiums and jacked the copays.

Any guess what the AdvantraRx commissions will be for the PDP's?

It real nice that they did this the same season that the carrier (Humana) that 90% of my supp clients are on for their PDP almost doubled the premiums and jacked the copays.
Like other PDP carriers, you will be paid a renewal commission for helping people. Since they have to pay 1/2 of the amount they paid in 2006, the most you'll make is around $17-25.

Rick

Your next!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
We are F*CK*D! Screwed is putting it lightly. I spend as much time now as I ever did with my clients. I sure liked the way that captive agents were protected in this piece of crap! Looks like CMS really doesn't care a bit about Medicare beneficiary's! I wonder how much Humana paid Weems to push this through! Ahole!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

GD KERRY WEEMS

"The steps we are taking should help to make sure that brokers and agents are selling health or drug plans that best meet beneficiaries' needs... said CMS acting Administrator Kerry Weems."

LIAR

I WOUNDER WHAT KIND OF JOB OR PAYOFF THIS GUY WILL GET IN JANUARY AFTER "O" GIVES HIM THE SHAFT

Last edited by a moderator:
Back