Still Selling Innovative Plan F? The State of CA doesn't think you should

Innovative F Plans (F Extra with Blue Shield CA) are regular Plan F with the added non-Medicare benefits (hearing, vision, etc.). They are cheaper because the pool is either new to Medicare or subject to underwriting (Health Net is the exception as they allow birthday rule transfers from regular F).

Just curious, have these types of additional coverages to Med Supps come and gone in the CA market before, or is this a "first time"?

Also, looking online, I see it's CA and NV with a later addition of KY. Do you have any sense yet that 2020 will bring this type of change to other states too?

Thanks.

Just curious, have these types of additional coverages to Med Supps come and gone in the CA market before, or is this a "first time"?

Also, looking online, I see it's CA and NV with a later addition of KY. Do you have any sense yet that 2020 will bring this type of change to other states too?

Thanks.

First time for CA. Anthem rolled it out 1/1/18 then Health Net rolled theirs out 8/1/18, then Blue Shield rolled theirs out 10/1/18. .

I would expect any further Innovative plan expansion would be in Anthem states.

Blue Shield CA (Blue Cross and Blue Shield are separate companies in CA) has indicated a G Extra roll out for 10/1/19 with 1/1/20 start dates. However, we'll have to wait and see about this CA Bill.

Bundling like that makes me wonder if it was to combat the questions from MedSupp policyholders at MAPD open enrollment about whether their plan includes dental and vision, and how to get that.

Back