Storm Checkin

Helene knocked out power for 5 hours but the generator kicked in after 30 seconds so no problem. Milton didn't come anywhere close.

However . . . the 1 - 2 punch of 2 storms back to back has messed up a lot of territory and some folks are really hurting. My heart goes out to them.

Not a big help but maybe a little.

I am on the Dewalt platform but I am sure they all have inverters. I have a lot of batteries. I bought a small inverter I throw into the trunk on road trips. To change phones in an emergency. I have a couple of USB string lights in the house for power outages.

Not a big help but maybe a little.

I am on the Dewalt platform but I am sure they all have inverters. I have a lot of batteries. I bought a small inverter I throw into the trunk on road trips. To change phones in an emergency. I have a couple of USB string lights in the house for power outages.
Thank you for posting that suggestion.

I haven't the funds for the battery and inverter project right now but I can keep it in mind for the future.

The USB lights is a great idea I had not thought of and will look into.

(Not familiar with inverters, with the idea of phone charging in mind, is there some kind of low cost option you would suggest there that would work with DeWalt's smallest size batteries that come with their drills?)

Back